Opti-Coat Ready For Release!!

Anthony Orosco

Is the an official release date for Opti-coat yet?

Nothing yet but I believe if you call Optimum you can get on the product list as again there is no stock on hand of the product it's made as you order it.

Make sure you have some of those blue shop towels for application, alcohol for pre-application wipe downs and some nice microfiber towels dedicated to Opti-Coat buffing only.

I'll post up later in this forum our application method.

Anthony

So you say on black plastic it will make it look like new... Will this be used for trim restoration/repairs too for faded or dulled trim? Looks like I will be adding another material to my arsenal!!! :beerchug[1]:

It can be used on plastics BUT it is also a bit more difficult to remove from these surfaces so make sure you do a test area prior to full application and that you also tape off trim that it mat get on by mistake.

It will not clean nor restore plastics and trim so that needs to be done prior to Opti-Coat application. Opti-Coat will give these surfaces somewhat of a shine and will also protect them from fading.

I would not recommend Opti-Coat on rubber trim or surfaces that "flex" or are porous.

If in question the best thing is to test an inconspicuous area first.

Anthony

How much is it going to cost?

Does it work well on fiberglass, such as Corvettes?

Honestly I don't know about the cost.....last I knew it would sell for around $90 for several ounces. That amount should do at least 3 sedan size cars or at least 4 Porsche size cars. We charge $150 for a coating application on top of what we charge for paint correction.

So if it costs $300 for paint correction add another $150 for the Opti-Coat.

We (or the installer) guarantee the Opti-Coat against failure in the sense of durability. We don't guarantee against hard water spots or etching from eggs, bird bombs, etc. We sell it like this: Opti-Coat is a paint sealant on steroids. Think of it as giving you all the benefits of a wax or sealant (gloss, shine, protection) but with at least 3 years durability.

As for Corvettes.....it works fine, as well as on boats.

Anthony

As far as I know it is only slated for pros at the moment. The main issue here is someone using it in a way or applying it to an area that would not be easily removed.

Pro's are also the main target because it works best on paint that has been properly prepped and finished out. It can be a temperamental product to apply so there is a bit of a learning curve.

This policy may change at a later date but for now I believe it stands to be sold to pros only.

Thanks,

Anthony

Thanks Anthony for your response.

Hopefully in the future, Dr. G might consider maybe a non-professional version that is almost as good but is more forgiving to mistakes. I'm willing to sacrifice some durability for a chance to try it out.

Sort of like Opti-coat junior or Opti-glaze :beerchug[1]:

P.S. If you do take that idea, could you at least remember who you got the idea from?

How much is it going to cost?

Does it work well on fiberglass, such as Corvettes?

We di an 09 Vette today, and the results were spectacular to say the least. The Customer had the chrome wheels, they looked unbelievable.

• 1 month later...
Guest Driven Auto Detail

Congrats! I can't wait to give it a try and offer it to all my clients. As I think Yvan pointed out early, this may just be the beginning to a hugely successful product.

Congrats! I can't wait to give it a try and offer it to all my clients. As I think Yvan pointed out early, this may just be the beginning to a hugely successful product.
Dr. G will need to step up production, as the best test of any product or service is referrals, and so far everyone of my customers that has this on there car is selling the service for me, they just love the look and the slickness. I will post a few pics tonight of a vette and a jeep we did, simply spectacular, one customer cried when he saw his car.

I'd love to try this stuff out but I guess without my business fully up and running I have no way to really prove that I am what they require to be a "pro".

Will do... Mostly I would like this stuff for chromed parts such as wheels, grills and motorcycle parts. Now how would it stand up to heat on things like polished air cleaners and valve covers on a classic car? I will use it on the entire vehicle as well but mostly the reason I want it is for the chrome parts and wheels for easy cleaning.