Hyper Polish equivalent to which Menzerna Polish?

anonymoususer

I'm an avid Menzerna user and usually use FG400 and PO85RD (SF4500 and can't keep up with the newest name) for most of my corrections with a variance in the pads i use depending on the paint. I just bought 2 new cars for myself and the mrs. and now that my bottle of Opti Coat II is all dried up from old age, i'm intrigued to try Gloss Coat. I read that if i use Hyper Polish, i can simply wipe and go straight to Gloss Coat which is a huge plus in my book. So my questions would be: Which Menzerna polish is Hyper polish most comparable to? Does it finish as fine as PO85RD? Is Hyper polish suitable as a finishing polish for very soft black paint? Thank you.

Welcome to the Optimum Forum and congratulations on the new vehicles! I will let one of the pro installers answer your Menzerna question but Hyper Polish with a finishing pad can leave a very fine finish on soft black paint and coordinates well with Gloss-Coat, so a light wipe down may be all that's necessary.

This comparison chart may help http://www.autopia.org/forums/paint-correction-and-gloss-enhancement/181138-updated-9-2015-autopia-polish-comparison-chart.html

It puts hyper polish as a medium cut polish and the closest Menzerna polish is PF 2500 but from my experience with hyper polish it is a very pad depending polish. It can be agressive combined with a cutting pad or a very fine polish using a softer pad.

I have not polished soft paint but think that OPT finishing polish may be a better / less agressive option for this.

One thing about OPT polishes. The best and easiest way to remove the polish residue is to use a damp short pile microfiber towel. After the wipe the paint will remain wet/ damp. That is the best time to use paint prep (or other pre-coating prep cleaner) and wipe with a soft microfiber towel.

Im not a pro but I hope this helps.

Hyper polish is a bit like Megs 205 in that they are very flexible. Not tried the new version of Hyper Compound but this is probably the closest to the FG400 but put a softer pad on it and it should behave as a mild compound. I have nothing but fond memories of the PO85RD as it is a fantastic finishing polish, not compared them side by side but my guess is the Hyper Polish should finish as good as the RD or at least very close. I cannot keep up with the endless menz name changes. Menz do make some very good polishes however I do think the OPT ones are just as good and easier to use plus two products is generally all you need

Thanks for the help guys! From looking at the Autopia chart, Hyper Polish probably won't finish fine enough for my ultra soft black paint. I didnt realize Optimum had other polishes other than the Hyper Compound and Polish. Anyone with personal experience with Optimum Finish Polish? And does it work with the "Optimum" process, polish, wipe with damp MF cloth and ONR, and go straight to Gloss Coat?

Yes, Optimum Finish will coordinate with Gloss-Coat like the Hyper products. And yes, a simple ONR wipe down after polish works, though for absolute safety a decontamination wipe down with Paint Prep insures all oil residue is removed.

Thanks for the help guys! From looking at the Autopia chart, Hyper Polish probably won't finish fine enough for my ultra soft black paint. I didnt realize Optimum had other polishes other than the Hyper Compound and Polish. Anyone with personal experience with Optimum Finish Polish? And does it work with the "Optimum" process, polish, wipe with damp MF cloth and ONR, and go straight to Gloss Coat?

Not tried the Finish Polish but have used Hyper Polish on very soft paint and it worked very well. This is not to say the finishing polish won't work well but the Hyper Polish on a soft pad is capable of giving a good finish on soft paints. As always the only way to know what works for your paint is to try different things.

Don't forget there is a different technology between the Menzena and OPT polishes. Not going to suggest one is better than another but the OPT products can give a greater flexibility than the Menz. Both brands can give great results but get there by different techniques.

Archived