How long does OPP protect leather?

Bigpikle

Looking at this for my new car with a ridiculous light ivory leather interior. I've had it 2 days and it already looks like it will mark just by looking at it....so I need a cleaner/protector that offers good lasting protection against stains etc.

I've not use OPP but love all the other stuff so am thinking of giving it a try, but how long does the protection element typically last on good condition new seats on a DD? Is it a weekly application or something that could protect for 4-6 weeks between applications?

Many thanks

It is a nice product on leather and plastic, not really tried to find out its durability capabilities but would guess about a month or so aside from the driver seat which is probably less.

By the way, I was thinking about getting some sunglasses but no one seems to discuss them here, can you think of any famous brands

not sure really - you dont see much written about them these days ;)

thanks for the OPP feedback - on BOGOF at Motorgeek so will grab a couple of bottles. Hoping to find the glass clean and protect somewhere but everywhere seems to only have the concentrate and I'll never use a gallon!

The durability of OPP is more compromised by wear than time. For areas other than the actual seating surfaces, I only do a complete clean and recoat once a year. However, I do regularly use Opticlean, which cleans without removing the OPP and adds a bit to the protection. I actually keep some homemade Opticlean wipes in my console, for use whenever I'm killing time, parked and waiting for someone.

Bill

not sure really - you dont see much written about them these days ;)

thanks for the OPP feedback - on BOGOF at Motorgeek so will grab a couple of bottles. Hoping to find the glass clean and protect somewhere but everywhere seems to only have the concentrate and I'll never use a gallon!

A couple of bottles of OPP should be enough to last a very very long time. There is a prediluted bottle of the Optiglass C&P but I have not seen this for sale in the UK (yet)

Archived