NEW OPTIMUM COMPOUNDS, POLISHES, PADS

Ron@Optimum

Announcing the introduction of several new Optimum products:

OPTIMUM INTENSIVE POLISH - a middle level correcting spray polish with no dusting. Designed to optimize with any polisher and wool or foam pad, Intensive Polish will work more or less aggressively base on pad and speed chosen. Developed for professional detailers and body shops. Sold in 18 oz, 64 oz, and gallon sizes.

OPTIMUM HYPER COMPOUND - Uses exclusive micro abrasive technology in a spray format for fast correction, minimal swirls, and zero dusting. Specifically designed for professional detailers and body shops. Sold in 18 oz, 64 oz, and gallon sizes.

OPTIMUM HYPER WOOL FOAM PAD - new technology cutting pad created to partner with Hyper Compound, Hyper Polish, and Intensive Polish for a variety of correction challenges. The wool surface provides unequaled cut while the foam backing keeps the pad cool for longer passes and greater efficiency. Comes in 3.25", 5.5" and 6.5" sizes.

I'm kind of afraid to ask this after the last new product discussion we had.

This is an additional change to the Hyper Compound beyond the change last year from blue to orange? Will there be a labeling change?

And the Intensive Polish slots in between Hyper Compound and Hyper Polish?

Since you mention above "specifically designed for professional detailers and body shops", does that denote some other difference or branding from the current line of spray polishes?

You mention the wool pad can be used with Hyper Polish--does that mean this product produces a fine finish along with its "unequaled cut", since that's what you'd need if using it with a polish vs. compound? Is this pad only recommended for rotary or forced-rotation machines, or can it be used with long or short stroke DA's?

This is a total reformulation of Hyper Compound to increase it's cut. The previous formula Hyper Compound has been renamed Intensive Polish and as you said, it slots between the 2 Hypers. The original Hyper products were specifically designed for the body shop market but not limited to them. The new wool pad may be used with rotary or DA and depending on the polish and/or machine (and speed) it can used for heavy correction or to finish (though probably not a "fine finish").

I can tell you a lot of development went into Hyper Compound, with input and testing by a number of well respected installers. Optimum had a target and goal and we don't introduce "me tos", so we believe this will become a standard in the industry (and still uniquely sprayable).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Driven Auto Detail

How's the "wipe off" with each of these 3 products?

In the past, I tried OPT Final Polish and it was so difficult to wipe off I stopped using it. Having to use excessive elbow grease to wipe off polish seems counter-intuitive to the correction process. Primer isn't all that easy to remove either. Just wondering if it's the same with these other 3 as well.

If you have problems removing one of the 3 Hyper products, our experience is that you've:

(1) used too much product

(2) worked it too long

(3) worked at too high a speed

A blue or black waffle pad (dry) at low speed should remove any residue.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Well, I don't think those are my problems. I have spoken to a well-respected detailer in MN and he had the same issues with Primer that I've experienced. I understand though that no product is perfect. Thanks for the response.

Mike, I wasn't responding to Primer but you asked about the Hyper products. I have heard comments on difficuilty removing Primer, but others have had no issues. Like all things detailing, there is a great diversity in personal experiences and there usually is not a simple answer. As an experienced installer I know you understand how to polish. Many times the answer is the weather...or rather how hot, humid(as a fellow Hoosier, I know how muggy it gets there), etc is your environment? Each installer has to find those products that work best for him and we appreciate you testing Optimum.

• 1 month later...
Guest Driven Auto Detail

Sorry for the confusion with Final Polish vs. Primer. I found Final Polish very difficult to remove. Primer has been been difficult, but not as difficult as Final. HOWEVER, the humidity in our area has dropped significantly lately and the Tesla that I OCP'ed over the weekend went much better with Primer. In fact, I was very pleased with the wipe-off and the finished results.

Based on that, I think heat/humidity was the issue for me, not the product.

Glad to hear that, Mike. As I've gained experience answering Optimum questions, I've learned like CSI to ask lot's of questions. The number of variables, the diversity of installers, conditions, equipment, and products can make you dizzy! Optimum products aren't perfect for every finish in all conditions, but we can usually figure a way to make them work.

Archived