Opti bond on exterior and interior plastic

A&J

It probably has been talked about before but can you use Opti bond as a interior plastic dressing? If so at what dilution?

The same question goes for exterior plastic&rubber bits!

Does it offer any water repellency?

I'm using Serious performance tire & trim dressing for tires & plastics and Poorboys natural look and Autobrite pink sheen for the inside plastics.

Thanks for the suggestion...will consider it once I run out of SP dressing.

You should...its great!

Maybe Ill do a comparison between the two some day but not until summer.

As for exterior plastics I was thinking that a great combo would be to use Solution finish to restore the blackness in plastics and after about 24-48h opti seal or gloss coat over it. This combo should work well together.

You should...its great!

Maybe Ill do a comparison between the two some day but not until summer.

As for exterior plastics I was thinking that a great combo would be to use Solution finish to restore the blackness in plastics and after about 24-48h opti seal or gloss coat over it. This combo should work well together.

Opti-Seal works fine with this combo. Gloss Coat works even better over solution finish.

For tires on my personal cars right now I am a big fan of McKee's 37 tire coating. Opti-Bond is good as well. The difference is of course longevity. Maybe next year we will get an optimum tire coating available to the public.

• 5 years later...
On 12/2/2016 at 5:20 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

You can use Opti-Bond for exterior plastic, I do regularly.  Dr G recommends Protectant Plus as the better exterior/interior plastic product, due to it's UV protection. I think Opti-Bond is a little greasy (gelly?) for interiors, might be a dust magnet.

I've used protectant plus on exterior plastics, looked great. What's the recommended application method for exterior plastics?