Hyper Compound Rumor Mill

Setec Astronomy

I saw while lurking at another forum, a conclusion that a new version of Hyper Compound is coming out, because a large online detail store is selling gallons and half gallons of Hyper Compound at essentially half price.

Notably, they aren't discounting the spray bottle, so I personally think this supplier is just trying to reduce their inventory of the large sizes because of shelf life considerations...but stranger things have happened.

So what say you, forum members? As I said, I don't really think there is a new version coming out, but for those of you who use a lot of this product it sure looks like a good deal at half price.

Let's hear it, this forum has been too dead lately.

Whilst I really like the Hyper Compound, it would be nice to give it a bit more cut. Still not 100% certain on the spraying abilities, cannot get pure spray every time. If these can be fixed then I am sure the product would be more popular

Someone on another forum is saying there is new version of Hyper Polish, and that they are changing the color to blue to "match the new pads". I see no evidence of this anywhere....but c'mon, this is THE OPTIMUM FORUM!

Someone must have some info on this stuff.

Yes the 2 have been reformulated, but it's a running change, an evolution of sorts, not a wholesale reformulation. Yes the colours have changed, Compound will have an orange tint, and Polish is blue. I have tried the compound, and it's an improvement (more cut, better finish) but they are incremental improvements, so be assured what you have is still good.

The only advantage is to match the colour to the pads, making it easier for less experienced detailers to follow along. If you have not tried the new Waffle foam pads from Optimum, you owe it to yourself to do so, not to be funny, but it,s almost as if they were designed to go together. Hyper Compound works very well to eliminate major defects when used on a rotary and the Optimum double sided wool pad. If you go to the orange foam pad on a Rupes or Flex the same compound will give you an almost LSP ready sufrace. Like was mentioned above, no hype, just great honest products. For those not used to the Hyper polishing System, using pads that are damp will increase your level of enjoyment with all 3 Products (Hyper Compound, Hyper Polish and GPS)

I guess the waffle pads are new, cannot see them on the European distributor site

Edit. Forgot to ask. If the OHC has more cut, is this now much closer to the (paste) Compound II which I believe has a similar cut to Megs 105

The cut will take care of 1500g sanding marks with ease. The pads have been out for a few months, but as usual, no real rush at optimum HQ to shove them down anyone throats.

The new pads are a pleasure to use and compliment the spray products. The waffle design eliminates a lot of hop on the Flex 3401 too.

So the new pads are not the scalloped-edge ones shown in the Optimum Car Care store? I guess none of this stuff is for sale yet.

Archived