Opti-Clean for interior use?

nls8520

Opticlean works very well for quick cleaning. It will not compete again an APC like Power Clean for dirty surfaces but for a wipe down it is good. Of course you could use Power Clean and Opticlean for a quick two step clean. I prefer ONR on the interior but this is more about preference than performance.

Opti-clean does clean the interior well but so does ONR and considering the cost of the products and dilution ratios ONR is a better price performer.

95% of the time you are just doing wipe downs and ONR does that pretty good. For any very dirty and stubborn stuff I would use a APC like Power clean diluted between 5:1 to 10:1.

I wouldn't leave home without a small spray bottle of OptiClean in my console. I use it on my tan leather steering wheel and shift lever weekly. If I'm in the car waiting for someone (like my wife making a quick trip into the drugstore), dash, door panels and any other non-fabric panels get a quick wipe. It's safe on touch screens, gauge lenses and any hard surface. It may be my imagination, but I like that it removes light dirt without compromising dressings, such as the Optimum Protectant or 303 I use. A OC cleaned surface seems a bit sticky at first, but becomes slick within a few seconds. It's not all that aggressive, so things like door sills may need something stronger, like an APC or OPC. Other than that, regular use of OC allows me to go months without a full interior detail.

I also use it on my IPhone and even my reading glasses.

I actually have some other products I favor for an exterior waterless wash, but Opti Clean will be my interior detailer of choice for the forseeable future.

Bill

Archived