OCP / GC vs. Clear Bra

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guest Driven Auto Detail

I know OCP can be applied under a clear bra, but what about on top?

Also, can Gloss-Coat be applied both under and over a clear bra? I'm guessing just over since it's a slick finish. Just want to confirm though.

Applying under clear bra to me is a wast of product. Others will say that it will protect if the film is removed. You can really do what you want. No ill affects.

We apply OCP and Gloss-Coat to PPF all the time. We've had 0 problems. The COO from Xpel has us coat is personal cars after they wrap them.

Xpel is testing OCP on top of their film to see if there is any benefit adding it. This is a scientific test not a street test. It's being done in a lab with real chemist from Xpel. As soon as the results are in I will post them to the forum.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Thanks for your thoughts Ron. I've been on that OCP under the clear bra band wagon for the exact reason you mentioned. That said though, I think my customer is leaning towards OCP on the paint and Gloss-Coat on the film.

Again, I appreciate the info!

EDIT: One last question. Do you do anything to the PFF before applying OCP/Gloss coat, or just give it the normal ONR wipe-down?

• 2 months later...

I have opticoat Pro on my XPEL, and I personally sent an email to XPEL and was told the opticoat on XPEL clear bra would work better and it would not void the xpel warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

This is per Xpel regarding the Opti-Coat Pro on top of Xpel's Paint Protection Film.

It's not recommended to put underneath the film due to possible adhesion problems.

After some simple testing in our lab for a few weeks we are very pleased with the results of Opti-Coat on XPEL's urethane! We won't rewrite the warranty information of anything like that, but we do feel that as a low maintenance alternative to our sealant, Opti-Coat didn't cause any harm/damage to the film and made the surface more Hydrophobic and difficult to stain.

This is per Xpel regarding the Opti-Coat Pro on top of Xpel's Paint Protection Film.

It's not recommended to put underneath the film due to possible adhesion problems.

So it's better to have the Xpel clear bra first. Then Opti-Coat Pro on top of it?

Archived