Finish Polish How Often is too Often

mafol

Hi,

I just backread all the information in this forum regarding Optimum Finish. I will start a project with my 10 month old car with slight swirls and scratches. I just want to maintain it's looks and total eradication of those scratches is not necessary. I just intend to use the Finish Polish as a cleaner and to correct minor imperfections before sealing. Listed below are my questions, kindly chime in your answers. :)

1. After washing the vehicle and using Opti Eraser clay, can I go straight to the Finish Polish without passing other polishes and compounds?

2. Is IPA wipedown necessary before using it?

3. Assuming it cuts very lightly, how often is too often to use it without consuming my paint? (Planning to hold on to the vehicle for 8 to 10 years)

4. Any special techniques in applying it? I have DAS5 Pro DA, light polishing pads and finishing pads and our temperatures vary from 30 to 38 degrees Celsius.

5. Is it ok to make just few passes just like how M205 works or is it necessary to make multiple passes and make the polish almost disappear? (Less passes for me is desirable since I want to have as thick of clear coat as possible)

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

I do not intend to use it for it's correction. I intend to use it as my paint cleaner. Will it do the job? Will it thin out my clear coat too much if I use it every 3 months? I intend to wash, Opti Eraser, Finish Polish, Opti Seal and OCW every 3 months. Thanks!

Hi Lowejackson,

I already have the Finish Polish since I use it in my other cars. I have quite a lot of it (almost full 32oz). As much as possible I do not intend to purchase another product. Will Finish Polish serve as my wax cleaner after claying? Is it safe to use it often let's say 3x a year? Been an "M" user for so long. I typically use Ultimate polish 3x a year as my wax cleaner. Can it substiture the Ultimate Polish?

Not used the Ultimate Polish although my understanding is it is the consumer version of the 205, therefore I would assume the Finish Polish is less abrasive than 205. I appreciate you wish to keep as much paint on the car as obviously this is good thing and you are not keen to buy more products but maybe something like GPS would give you the best of both worlds and will compliment the Opti-seal & OCW very well

Archived