Water Spots on Top of Opti-Coat

Guest phyte0450

Guest phyte0450

Hi,

I have water spots on my car on top of Opti-coat. I applied the Optimum MDR some were removed but there are still water spots left.

Any suggestions? Will leaving it on longer have a better effect or do I need to apply pressure when applying?

Thanks!

The MDR should remove the mineral deposits on the surface, but sometimes there is a discoloration left behind, If you can feel the water spot, you need to go back over with MDR, letting it dwell then rubbing vigorously. If it's coloring only, time in the sun should cause it disappear (UV is an amazing force).

Guest phyte0450

Thanks for the quick reply Ron! Any other watchouts like: is it okay to leave MDR under direct sunlight?

• 3 years later...
On 4/23/2015 at 11:28 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

The MDR should remove the mineral deposits on the surface, but sometimes there is a discoloration left behind, If you can feel the water spot, you need to go back over with MDR, letting it dwell then rubbing vigorously. If it's coloring only, time in the sun should cause it disappear (UV is an amazing force).

I have the same problem, opti-coat pro now with light water spots after getting sprayed with sprinkler water last weekend.  It is discoloring only  - the surface is very smooth.  I washed the car with ONR Sunday which didn't help much and I tried vinegar today (5 days later) which seemed to have little or no effect.   Is there much of a chance the spots will fade with time and sun if it has already been nearly a week?    If so, how long should I give it?

It's unlikely the spots will disappear after this many days.  The ultimate water spot remover (that does not effect Opti-Coat Pro) is wheel cleaner - Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner has been effective.

9 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

It's unlikely the spots will disappear after this many days.  The ultimate water spot remover (that does not effect Opti-Coat Pro) is wheel cleaner - Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner has been effective.

Okay thanks.   Any particular way I should apply the Meguiars to the paint?    It is Tesla's multicoat red if that makes any difference.

Hi Ron

same problem here. Grey water spots on my Opti coat Pro+. Water that dryed in the sun.

so I should use Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner and not Optimum MDR?

Here in Denmark, I can only find Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. Will that work or must it be Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner?

thanks 

Kristian

• 6 months later...

Archived