New guy here

I own a small business consisting of 6 trailer mounted generators used in movie, film, tv production (House of Cards for example).

Not only do they have to perform perfectly all the time, they MUST look good also. First impressions are important.

They have clear coat paint, aluminum wheels etc.

I also use 2 F350 pick up trucks to deliver, refuel etc. The trucks must also look good and run perfect all the time.

For many years I have been using Zaino products, but I am interested in an alternative which is why I purchased a bottle of the wash and no rinse, used it one time and was really impressed. I also bought the official bucket spacer and microfiber towels.

My only problem is that there are so many products to use I am a bit lost!

What is the difference between wash and rinse and wash and wax?

What is the best/most simple procedure to follow.

Any suggestions for a new guy?

Thanks

Welcome to the OPT Forum! ONR with Wax adds carnauba for additional shine and protection. Some like to add their own wax choices, some (like ME) prefer to drive the car, not wax it, so we use ONRWW. The best procedure is to follow the directions - don't use more product than called for (more aint better). Mix up an instant detailer formula (10 oz ONR to 1 gallon of water) as a prespray for badly soiled spots. Consider using OPT Wax or Seal as a drying aid - spray on panel after washing/prior to drying to speed drying and add protection.

Welcome to the forum.

Although things look complicated, in reality they are not and the range is more simple than Zaino (good products IMO). Use a cheap sprayer to let the ONR sit on the paint for a few minutes and then wash in the traditional way. The use of the Optimum Car Wax, as suggested above, allows you to wax and dry the car very quickly with the added advantage of minimising minor swirls by using a dry cloth.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the OPT Forum! ONR with Wax adds carnauba for additional shine and protection. Some like to add their own wax choices, some (like ME) prefer to drive the car, not wax it, so we use ONRWW. The best procedure is to follow the directions - don't use more product than called for (more aint better). Mix up an instant detailer formula (10 oz ONR to 1 gallon of water) as a prespray for badly soiled spots. Consider using OPT Wax or Seal as a drying aid - spray on panel after washing/prior to drying to speed drying and add protection.

Hey Ron! I bought the ONRWW and used it, but have decided that the no rinse followed up by the spray on carnauba is the way to go for me.

One thing no one mentioned is that the no rinse is a great window cleaner. I keep a bucket in my shop to clean windows and windshield almost every day. It works really well! Thanks for the input. I find these products easy to use and whats most important is they do what they claim to do. Thanks again

Archived