Tire Gel or Tire Shine method...

CHALM

Has anyone ever used a pressure style sprayer (the kind you pump) to apply either tire shine or tire gel?

I have used both products (wipe on method). I even dilute the Opti Bond 1:1. With both products I have tried traditional hand sprayers, but they don't atomize the product that well. I know about the other Opti Bond methods of application, but was curious about this one. Or, if anyone has used the pressure style sprayer with the tire shine? If no one has, perhaps I'll just give it a try. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

I've used a few different methods of applying tire shine & what I've found to work best for me is using the Griot's Garage Tire Shine Applicator. I spray my favorite tire dressing (Opti-Bond, of course) onto the applicator and then go around the tire with it. To get the best results, I hit all 4 tires & then move the vehicle enough so that the bottoms of the tires are now accessible. Then, hit those areas real quick. The applicator applies the tire shine evenly and gives a distinct "cut-off" on the outer tread so it looks very professional. Here are some pics of tires I've treated in this manner:

upload_IMG_9779.jpg

upload_IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

I've used a few different methods of applying tire shine & what I've found to work best for me is using the Griot's Garage Tire Shine Applicator. I spray my favorite tire dressing (Opti-Bond, of course) onto the applicator and then go around the tire with it. To get the best results, I hit all 4 tires & then move the vehicle enough so that the bottoms of the tires are now accessible. Then, hit those areas real quick. The applicator applies the tire shine evenly and gives a distinct "cut-off" on the outer tread so it looks very professional. Here are some pics of tires I've treated in this manner:

upload_IMG_9779.jpg

upload_IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Looking good!!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It will work well enough to prime an applicator, but you'll likely get it all over the rims. Do you have a compressor? We have an air gun that works great with both the tire shine and gel. I have also had good luck with the Wagner control spray.

I don't want to hijack this thread but does the air gun do a good job of cutting down the over spray you can get on the rest of the car? Not much is worse than dressing tires then getting ture shine all over your freshly detailed car!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Archived