Here i am about to start compounding behind the rear door:
The passenger side was nice and glossy after we both finished, we still had a long ways to go but, it sure looked promising:
Now back to our regularly scheduled programing:
Small pads are essential for reaching into tight areas, like underneath the emblems on the back hatch:
It was starting to get a bit dark but we were still working..our LED light really showed what the paint was looking like, still much work to be done:
LED lights, its a love hate relationship...they show EVERYTHING:
We finally came to the point of being done with the polishing. Luckily 80% of the roof was glass...no major swirl correction needed there...but it did all have to be opti-coated...and washed.
The awesome part about doing an ONR wash after using optimum polishes is that it is suppose to remove all polishing oils that may be left on the paint. The other great part is washing with ONR is pretty easy and much less chance of accidentally leaving water spots from a typical wash...dont wanna Opti-Coat over those.
My sis attacked the rims with Opti-Coat while i started on the paint. After she finished, she did the lights and trim and then dressed the tires (carefully, making sure to not get anything on coated rims since the coating was fresh) and wells.
After finishing...it was well past dark...about 9 p.m at this point, but even in the garage it looked awesome:
No swirls on this paint:
Ready to rest in the garage for the rest of the night:
The rims, well they looked AWESOME:
Yes, all was well in the world again:
Wait, what the hell is that?
What, no no no, thats not how this works...stop it...this is a story with a happy ending...stop
Good God, wake up...bad dream, must stop the bad dream!
Well at least there were no bird droppings:
Well what happened here was, the owners and their family took a couple of trips since we had last seen them...from Az to Nevada...and then to Rocky Point! Yeahhhhh that'll do some damage! It had been exactly a month since we had finished it...and then they brought it back to us for a maintenance wash and THAT was what we were looking at! Talk about re-living a nightmare!
Fortunately something was a BIT different this time:
Oh yeah, it had been Opti-Coated. Mhm, the beading was awesome, on THAT dirty hood...the water still beaded up and sheeted right off.
We haven't even washed it yet, just rinsed!
The other awesome part about Opti-Coat, you can hit those bugs with a little APC to loosen them up and then they wash right off...and unlike wax or sealants, the APC won't wear down the Opti-Coat.
After washing well, she was back to new again:
I forgot to add that we used Opti-Bond on the wheel wells...which has made them extremely easy to clean.
Wheels were back to how they should be:
I'd say 80% of the brake dust just rinsed off...the other 20% came off with us just spraying a little APC and agitating with a brush....
No, i didn't just take a pic of a trash can...thats the reflection
Still swirl free after a month:
Finally, a full sun beauty shot:
Along with a few others:
So there you have it. We've been doing bi-weekly maintenance washes on this ride for the last 4 months or so...and thus far the water beads and sheets just as well as it did after the first wash.
Hope you all enjoyed the write up, the pictures and the review on Opti-Coat.
Thanks for reading.