I'm preparing to start my part time week-end detailing business using many of the Optimum products and I have several questions regarding some of the more expensive equipment purchases I'll need to make.
1. If I'm NOT planning on using a hose for free flowing water what portable systems would be suggested that would give me some pressure spraying for rinsing the wheels/tires or the engine bay or some major mud/dirt on the paint? There are several portable battery operated sprayers on the market. (Mytee Boss, Chemical Guys sprayer, Nomad, etc)
2. If using chemicals that are environmentally friendly is it necessary to have a water containment matt in order to be fully compliant?
3. What canopies are easy to set up for one operator? What sizes? 10x15, 10x20, Best places to purchase from?
4. Suggested hot water extractors and steam machines? If I can only afford one to start with would it be better to start with an extractor or a steam machine?
5. This is not just for mobile use but what would be a high quality paint thickness gage that would be accurate down to 3 mil?
That's all I can think of for now. If there are any other suggestions for a mobile set up I'd greatly appreciate any help!