I just backread all the information in this forum regarding Optimum Finish. I will start a project with my 10 month old car with slight swirls and scratches. I just want to maintain it's looks and total eradication of those scratches is not necessary. I just intend to use the Finish Polish as a cleaner and to correct minor imperfections before sealing. Listed below are my questions, kindly chime in your answers.
1. After washing the vehicle and using Opti Eraser clay, can I go straight to the Finish Polish without passing other polishes and compounds?
2. Is IPA wipedown necessary before using it?
3. Assuming it cuts very lightly, how often is too often to use it without consuming my paint? (Planning to hold on to the vehicle for 8 to 10 years)
4. Any special techniques in applying it? I have DAS5 Pro DA, light polishing pads and finishing pads and our temperatures vary from 30 to 38 degrees Celsius.
5. Is it ok to make just few passes just like how M205 works or is it necessary to make multiple passes and make the polish almost disappear? (Less passes for me is desirable since I want to have as thick of clear coat as possible)