Black on Black

uzj100

Hey looks very nice!

Black is such an awesome color when done correctly but it sure doesn't look that way 3 miles down the road, eh? :)

What products are you using?

Anthony

Thanks, Anthony. For me the hood and plastic valances are the hardest to work with. Probably because of the different paint formula for the bumpers--flex agents in the paint? And the hood is aluminum.

Products (and thanks to you giving me these tips a few months ago). ONR, Sonus Green Clay, Menzerna IP White LC pad (if needed) (speed 5), or Menzerna 106FF with LC White (speed 5), followed by 106FF on Gray LC pad (speed 4), then Optimum Spray Wax via LC Red pad (speed 3). This was the process for the hood area and the "hips". Used the 106FF on the fenders and doors. Used some Poli Seal with white pad, then gray pad on the plastic bumper valances. Poli Seal on the wheels and Optimum Tire Shine for the tires. Distilled water and MF wipe down on interior areas. Woolite 1:10 wipe down for leather, then Zymol Treat.

Your technique of using the same polish with different pads is working great for me. I wash with a sheepskin mitt (2 buckets and grit guard in rinse bucket), though I've just started using monster fluffies for washing. I use one towel folded in fourths per panel. Make one pass with each clean surface, then use another clean monster fluffy.

I like Finish Kare 425 for a detail spray, as it really does seem to reduce dust attraction. Even so, as you've noted, that perfect shine lasts only about 3 miles or less :)

I try to balance driving and enjoying the car with over concern about having it 100% all of the time and I apply a lot of the "5 feet" philosophy too. If it looks good from 5 feet away, then it's all right.

I also use IZ rubber seal product and poli seal is very nice for the clear bra I have on the front bumper area, though I wish I'd have done the clear bra on the whole hood as I do have some road rash on the lower portion of the hood--but that's an inherent risk I suppose if you're going to drive the car and not just look at it.

Uzi

Looking good.......black is the best right after a nice wax..its just so hard to maintain!

Thanks, Ice. You're so right--black is really a PITA to maintain and that's why I've tried (can't say I've been fully succesful though) to adopt the 5 foot rule!

very nice! and i am not even a Porsche fan....

They're great cars and fun to drive. However, I'm probably a much bigger fan of Landcruisers. I've owned several over the years and no matter what elese I have, I will always have a Landcruiser (or two)

What's your car of choice, Bullet?

I am actually a Lamborghini fanatic....I have always been a fan of the Italian car.

the Murcielago is my favorite automobile, followed closely by a Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra Saleen!!

thanks for the comment there Anthony....lol and "terd" is spelled T-U-R-D :)

I am actually a Lamborghini fanatic....I have always been a fan of the Italian car.

the Murcielago is my favorite automobile, followed closely by a Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra Saleen!!

thanks for the comment there Anthony....lol and "terd" is spelled T-U-R-D :)

Dude.....don't EVER correct me on my own forum!! Afterall I was following the Canadian spelling of the werd :)

Lambo's are very nice cars but if you ever get the chance to drive both cars you'll understand why a Porsche is the car to own and drive. Lambo's do have that "Wow" factor though, just not a fun everyday driver for most folks.

Anthony

Dude.....don't EVER correct me on my own forum!!

Anthony

LOL. Duely noted by me Anthony and filed for future reference.

I too like the exotics, but......owning AND maintaining one are cost prohibitive for me. They are, however, very beautiful cars for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived