ONR + OCW + OID rock

I took delivery of my new car last week and the first thing I did, after a short drive, was do an ONR wash, and apply OCW & OID. Since then I have reapplied the OID after another ONR wash. I am loving the look and knowing I have some good protection against elements. It couldn't have been easier. Thank you Optimum. Even with some (inevitable) dust on it, the shine still comes through.

hpim1087.th.jpg

hpim1085.th.jpg

Thanks guys. I plan to wash my car either later today or tomorrow and will use Charles' method. I think I've said before that the optimum line goes against my puritan ethic because it is so incredibly easy to achieve great results. Where's the suffering and toil? I guess I'll adjust.

Thanks too about the car, Anthony. I love it. It's a Volvo C30 R-design. Who knew Volvo could be so playful and fun.

I look forward to trying my optimum finish down the line as well. But the car was built in March 09 and the mfg recommends just hand washes for the first six months to give the paint time to fully harden. So I'll hold off at least that long before doing even a super mild polish.

Thanks guys. I plan to wash my car either later today or tomorrow and will use Charles' method. I think I've said before that the optimum line goes against my puritan ethic because it is so incredibly easy to achieve great results. Where's the suffering and toil? I guess I'll adjust.

Thanks too about the car, Anthony. I love it. It's a Volvo C30 R-design. Who knew Volvo could be so playful and fun.

I look forward to trying my optimum finish down the line as well. But the car was built in March 09 and the mfg recommends just hand washes for the first six months to give the paint time to fully harden. So I'll hold off at least that long before doing even a super mild polish.

If you think that's easy, wait till you try Opti-Seal. :)

I second the Opti-Seal. Best and easiest stuff around!!! Nice looking car, I have not driven one of those Volvo's yet but I'm sure it's very comfy.

:) Opti-seal was in my spring order and I plan to use it later this summer and as my base for winter.

Thanks too Shawn about the car. I have the 6-speed manual and it's really fun to drive. I haven't had a chance to do a long road trip yet, but just in the few hundred miles I've gone, the seats have been very comfy. Great support and the leather seems nice. I'm happy too to be shifting again, My last two cars were automatics and I missed the engagement you get with a manual.

Very welcome for the advice.....there is a great number of very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum.

In regards to your car's paint....it's already fully cured when it leaves the factory. I wouldn't take detailing advice from dealers with a great amount of authority :)

Anthony

Another shortcut that produces great results with minimal effort is using OCW to remove any residue after polishing with Poli-Seal.

Instead of just wiping the surface with a MF towel after applying the Poli-Seal, spray the OCW on the panel and then wipe it off.

Polished and protected. Again, with very little added effort.

Actually protected with two products. The protection left by the Poli-Seal and the protection left by the OCW.

At that point you could even spend 10 minutes applying Opti-Seal and really be impressed.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this will compromise the durability of any of the products. I never let the vehicles go more than 4 to 6 weeks without doing them again.

Very welcome for the advice.....there is a great number of very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum.

In regards to your car's paint....it's already fully cured when it leaves the factory. I wouldn't take detailing advice from dealers with a great amount of authority :)

Anthony

Thanks Anthony. I definitely don't put stock in the dealer's detailing advice, but the caution about washing comes from the Volvo manual. And the advice was affirmed by one of the Volvo techs on my C30 forum. While your advice makes more sense to me, I'll probably be cautious and avoid polishing for a least a while longer just to hedge my bets. But darn if you didn't plant the seeds of dissent.

I suspect my resolve will crumble before too long as I won't be able to resist trying either my finishing polish or poli-seal.

I really appreciate hearing from and benefiting from your expertise, even if i don't listen right away.

Another shortcut that produces great results with minimal effort is using OCW to remove any residue after polishing with Poli-Seal.

Instead of just wiping the surface with a MF towel after applying the Poli-Seal, spray the OCW on the panel and then wipe it off.

Polished and protected. Again, with very little added effort.

Actually protected with two products. The protection left by the Poli-Seal and the protection left by the OCW.

At that point you could even spend 10 minutes applying Opti-Seal and really be impressed.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this will compromise the durability of any of the products. I never let the vehicles go more than 4 to 6 weeks without doing them again.

I like your thinking Charles. During the warmer months, I like to play and either refresh or try something new for my finish. But come winter, I need something to last about 6 months. The garage I have occasional access to is not heated and I can't count on being able to do anything from October through April. My plan for then is a couple coats of OS, just to be sure I have full coverage, and then maybe some other study wax on top, like collinite 476s or carnuba moose wax. I need something that can handle the touchless washes I'll be using. (Collinte has done well for me before.)

But back to now, it is play time!

Archived