Claying/Lube Product Recommendation for use with Optimum Series of product + Auto Drying Method Poll?

Auto Drying Method?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How do you dry your car after washing?

• Hand dried with decent quality MF or waffle
    • Blower of some kind (leaf blowwer; Metro type Vac/blo model portable or hard mounted?
    • Combo of #1 and #2
    • Air compressor & nozzle/diffuser?
    • Combo of #1 and #4
    • Other??

Having looked over the Optimumline, I see there is no clay/clay specifird lube for fine finshes.

Does anyone have recommendtions for these two add'l products that have been know to be easy to wrk w/Optimum,easy customer use & economically ninline, at least with Optimum?? Love to get some feedback on thyat....gonna have to do some claying before the Optimizizing starts to take form! While you're thinking of the good examples, feel free to put in the ckunker experiences too, OK? :beerchug[1]:

Another questiom about drying - lots of people mention vac/blower's, leaf blowers, etc.. Anybody use their air compresser direct? Maybe someone has that experience and can share it as well. -/+"s,special tools for diffusing, etc., precautions......whatever. The only things thay might come to mind are air purity & nozzle direction/flow rate. Anything else??

Jump in and add your 2 cts. or even a quarters worth. Love to hear the opinions out there.

Thx. for the input.

See ya :)

Having looked over the Optimumline, I see there is no clay/clay specifird lube for fine finshes.

You can check out this thread for more background about Optimum clay: http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=53

As far as clay lubes, I know a lot of people use ONR at QD strength. I've also heard of people using the Instant Detailer or Spray Wax as a clay lube.

Based on what I've read I think ONR is probably the optimum product most commonly used as clay lube.

In a nutshell clay lube is a waste of your money. It's mainly a gimmick and marketed such that the consumer believes he or she MUST use that specific clay manufacturers lube. This is why many clay bars are sold onlyin combo with their lube spray.

You're better off making your own lube spray with Optimum No Rinse/Optimum Quick Detailer (cut with water) or use water and some car soap. Add a few drops of car soap in a 32ounce water bottle, add a trigger and you have instant clay lube.

Compressed air works just fine for removing water but the drawback is the air is in a concentrated area only. Unlike a leaf blower which can spread the air over a larger area. Both get the job done though.

Anthony

Hey Anthony,

What is the dilution ratio for making clay lubricant from ONR or OQD? Am putting together an Optimum starter kit for myself and need some lube.

Second, since there isn't any specific Optimum Clay, per se, what brand of clay product would you recommend? If I desire a mild/less aggressive clay product (cars are in pretty good shape), does it make much difference whether it's Pinnacle, Clay Magic, Meguiar's, Chemical Guys, etc.? Any experience in how easy any or all are to use, assuming there is much difference?

Thanks.

See ya

Bob

You can check out this thread for more background about Optimum clay: http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=53

As far as clay lubes, I know a lot of people use ONR at QD strength. I've also heard of people using the Instant Detailer or Spray Wax as a clay lube.

Based on what I've read I think ONR is probably the optimum product most commonly used as clay lube.

I believe you can do a 6 parts water to 1 part ONR for a clay lube.

In regards to clay, it's all basically made by AutoMagic and they have 2 grades..... the mild blue clay and then they have the "hot" rather abrasive red clay.

Anthony

Archived