A few more Opti Coat Questions

SoCalDS

Okay... After entering the Opti-Coat realm, we have been trying to field questions from our customers, as well as figure things out for ourselves. Here are a few that we have so far, and it would be great if anyone with a little more Opti-Coat experience could help us out with the answers if they have them:

1. Will applying OC to a vehicle increase the time needed between regular waxing? We currently recommend between 4-6 months to our maintenance customers.

2. How long will an OC application last on a vehicle? I believe that we heard up to 5 years, but does anybody know for sure? Also, is this guaranteed? I don't believe it is right now, but I could be wrong.

3. What is everybody charging for an application? I know this can vary depending on location, but I'd like to get a ballpark figure. We are currently charging $200 for a regular-sized vehicle.

Thanks!

Okay... After entering the Opti-Coat realm, we have been trying to field questions from our customers, as well as figure things out for ourselves. Here are a few that we have so far, and it would be great if anyone with a little more Opti-Coat experience could help us out with the answers if they have them:

1. Will applying OC to a vehicle increase the time needed between regular waxing? We currently recommend between 4-6 months to our maintenance customers.

2. How long will an OC application last on a vehicle? I believe that we heard up to 5 years, but does anybody know for sure? Also, is this guaranteed? I don't believe it is right now, but I could be wrong.

3. What is everybody charging for an application? I know this can vary depending on location, but I'd like to get a ballpark figure. We are currently charging $200 for a regular-sized vehicle.

Thanks!

1) In a nutshell we tell our clients that Opti-Coat has all the properties and characteristics of a wax/sealant with extended durability. So while it can be waxed, even lightly polished, we let them know that waxing is now an added benefit not so much a necessity.

2) Opti-coat will last 3 years. We guarantee it for 3 years in terms of durability. We recommend they come back every 6 months for a check up of sorts and if it appears that an area has weakened we will re-apply it to that area. There will be a formal guarantee written up very soon.

3) We charge an extra $150 on top of any paint correction. So today we are detailing a nice Mustang for $450 (exterior only) and the Opticoat will be an extra $150 to apply after the paint correction.

I'm trying to get the Opti-Coat forum section up and running.

Anthony

Archived