Recommend dilution change?

I had read in one of the forums that the recommended ONR dilution is now 8 oz per gallon when used as a clay lube.

Is this true?

Bunky:

If you are referring to my post this week, the dilution ratio change was for ONR as a QD, not as clay lube.

I doubt that I would ever find it again, but I'm sure the comment about 8 oz. now where it was 6 oz. earlier, was posted at Autopia. Wasn't Autopia, it was AGOL. See next post.

I don't use the rinseless washes for anything but rinseless washing so I didn't pay a lot of attention to the information.

Bunky:

If you are referring to my post this week, the dilution ratio change was for ONR as a QD, not as clay lube.

I doubt that I would ever find it again, but I'm sure the comment about 8 oz. now where it was 6 oz. earlier, was posted at Autopia.

I don't use the rinseless washes for anything but rinseless washing so I didn't pay a lot of attention to the information.

My mistake. It was in a post at AGOL

Post number 8 in this Thread.

Bunky:

I doubt that I would ever find it again, but I'm sure the comment about 8 oz. now where it was 6 oz. earlier, was posted at Autopia. Wasn't Autopia, it was AGOL. See next post.

As a newbee, I was about to make my first QD dilution using the 6 oz. as stated in the posts. For some unknown reason, I decided to read the label, and the 8 oz. QD dilution happens to be written on both the ONR labels for the 32 and 128 oz. containers. I'm assuming more product means more lubricity, etc., so probably 2+ oz. for a clay lube wouldn't hurt. But others will probably know more than me in that regard. So keeping the same ratio, clay lube should be roughly 2.66 oz./128 oz.

Archived