Optimum Proctectant Plus Clarification Please

tenorplayer23

Would appreciate some additional clarification about OPP.

Have seen posts re: whether OPP is/was the same as Optimum Leather Care Product (vice versa) & have read Optimum's web site.

Would like to understand better, the following:

> OPP can be used on leather (my cars are '03 Corvette & '08 Chev. Impala). In addition to OPP do I need an additional "cleaner" and/or "conditioner"? The description of the products leads me to believe it does both, but other people suggest that a dual system is better. Which does OPP do best?

> For the balance of my interiors (dash, doors, arm rests, etc.) should I also use OPP and/or have a another dedicated product if OPP is/was really designed for leather care (as above)?

Sorry for the rather simplistic questions - just want to make sure that the multi-designated car care products are best for the jobs I want to do.

Thx for your assistance.

See ya. :thumbsupup[1]:

TP23

Yes please do use it where you want to, it is perfect for leather, but also for any plastic surface. Also works great on convertible tops(we spray it on with a paint gun).

Hi/Bonjour, Yvan,

Thanks very much for your input! I have seen your posts before and appreciate the hands on insight.

Yes, I am going to buy the OPP, as well as, a complete set of Optimum products for my own car detailing purposes. They come highly recommended, obviously here, as well as, other forums. In fact, somewhere (and I can't remember which one, they were mentioned many, many times as the best "complete product line" to have).

About the OPP & Use:

> I see products like Leatherique, Leather Masters, Einszett, Lexol, Meguiar's, PBMA brands, etc. all specifically for leather (and some very expensive) AND then I see lots of multi-purpose products, like OPP, Meguiar's, PBMA, etc.. To get the best product for the job, should I get some leather-specific stuff AND have the OPP, as well?? Should I have something specific for vinyl like 303 if OPP is best on leather?

BTW, I didn't see where your business is in Quebec? Have been to Quebec City a number of times & always thought it was such a beautiful place. Too bad it is such a hike from Rochester (8+ hrs. & more if the weather is bad.........Roch-cha-cha to Syracuse to Watertown to Montreal to QC in the winter is kind of iffy!)

Thanks very much for the feedback. Look forward to your reply. :thumbsupup[1]:

Bob

PS - I also sent you a PM

TP23

Yes please do use it where you want to, it is perfect for leather, but also for any plastic surface. Also works great on convertible tops(we spray it on with a paint gun).

Bob

I answered your PM, also yes OPP can be used everywhere, and with safety. Fortunately for US, Dr. G, does not seem interested in becoming a millionaire any time soon, hence the reasonable prices on his products. With different marketing most of his products could be sold at astronomical prices, and people would still use them and love them(some may even like them more, as it seems that for some reason people equate high price with quality. reminds me I forgot something in your PM, for MF towels go to Towel PRos, high quality, low prices, a good fit with Optimum). Just get some OPP and forget the rest.

I am 1 hour North of Plattsburg, NY and go to the Syracuse area a few times a year(I am a tech inspector with DIRT Racing). SO feel free to visit if you are ever close.

Archived