Optimum instant detailer & gloss enhancer

I have ONR and it is good as a quick detailer but is the Optimum instant detailer & gloss enhancer any better. If yes how would you guy's rate it out of 10 compared to the ONR made up as a QD?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have ONR and it is good as a quick detailer but is the Optimum instant detailer & gloss enhancer any better. If yes how would you guy's rate it out of 10 compared to the ONR made up as a QD?
My usual rambling post. :confused1[1]:

My use of ONR as a QD was at the original recommended ratio of 6 oz. per gallon of water and I was not at all impressed with it.

I have 5 QDs on hand, (none of which are OID), and they all seemed to work better for me than the ONR mix.

The ONR mix was quite watery, (which was to be expected since it was mostly water), and it didn't cling to the surface at all. Most of the product ran off before I even finished spraying a panel. My vehicles usually have a lot of wax/sealant on them and that might contribute to the run-off, but it seems to be much less prevalent with my dedicated QDs.

In fairness to ONR, I have heard that the recommended QD ratio is now 8 oz. per gallon of water. That might give better results than my experience.

The ONR is a great rinseless wash and that's what I use it for.

Guest Driven Auto Detail
Use ONR as a Qd for cleaning duties but OID as a Qd for maintaining gloss and adding slickness.

Perfect response!

• 1 year later...

Use ONR as a Qd for cleaning duties but OID as a Qd for maintaining gloss and adding slickness.

I find ONR to do an excellent job at adding gloss and slickness but I would still like to try OID at some point.

We use ONR for washing and as a clay lube. We mix it at about twice the recommended mixture but I still feel the value is there. As for the instant detailer, there is no comparison between ONR as an instant and the the instant detailer that Optimum came out with this year. Those are my two favorite Opti products!

• 2 weeks later...

I find ONR to do an excellent job at adding gloss and slickness but I would still like to try OID at some point.

The OID is very nice Dwow! I think its my favorite smelling Optimum product as well. Certainly one of my favorite Detailers but I find the trick for me is to use it sparingly with a fine mist sprayhead. I only really use it on a just cleaned vehicle as a drying aid these days.

• 1 year later...

I added 1oz of OCW to a 28oz bottle of mixed ONR QD - Slickness was noticeably different, almost as good as OID.

Just thought I'd share with the group.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read a lot about this product on forums and reviews and decided to purchase the 128oz directly from Optimum. After a few weeks of using OID I must say that it did not disappoint! This is now my go to QD and it compliments Opti-Coat really well. Btw, I personally dealt with Chris and his customer service is excellent! Thanks, Chris!

Archived