The perfect Pad

Waht do you consider to be the perfect pad choice for the various Optimum compounds and polishes?

For us we use Edge pads black wool or LC Purple wool with Hyper compound

with Opti Compound the Purple and Yellow Kompressor pad or green wool edge.

With optimum polish on the rotary either 3M' orange egg crate foam, or white LC Kompressor pad, or LC white tufted foam.

On the DA we use the same 3M pad or the orange Kompressor pad.

So what do you reach for to compliment your optimum products?

Waht do you consider to be the perfect pad choice for the various Optimum compounds and polishes?

For us we use Edge pads black wool or LC Purple wool with Hyper compound

with Opti Compound the Purple and Yellow Kompressor pad or green wool edge.

With optimum polish on the rotary either 3M' orange egg crate foam, or white LC Kompressor pad, or LC white tufted foam.

On the DA we use the same 3M pad or the orange Kompressor pad.

So what do you reach for to compliment your optimum products?

good topic and question. :thumbsupup[1]:

Hi Yvan, how goes it north of the border?

I am not able to contribute much, because I am such an inexperienced user. But, I'd be interested in the reponses, as well. And, am curious about Mr. Int. Detail switched to the Edge system?? The more I understand of the nuances of pad/polish/machine combinations........the better.

Not much polishing going to be happening here until spring.......unheated garage.

Look forward to any information.

My best wishes for a good 2010!

See ya.

Bob

• 1 month later...

I have never been really successful with the cut using OP II..i usually use whitepolish, green high polish german LC pads, can't remove defects successfully, but i can get great gloss though..probably it's just me who can't really use OP II, any suggestion?

OPII works best with the idea of "less is more". It is a bit more abrasive than the original formula and also not as oily so the working time has been cut down but it still has a long working time and that's the key. If you want a quick cut then OPII is not your best choice because it cuts over a period of time, finishes off nicely and leaves little to no residue.

We use Lake Country pads, mainly white polishing pads, foamed wool, blue finishing and also the new orange hydro-pads.

Anthony

Archived