How aggressive is Hyper Polish

cptzippy

I've ordered and received my new bottle of the new Optimum Hyper Polish. I've read what I can about it and watched Mike Phillip's video but I'm still confused on one thing - just how aggressive is this stuff. I realize that it depends on the tool (PC 7336 in my case) and the pad (have a variety) but it seems the early reports vary. I've seen it compared it to 105 but elsewhere I've read that it is only good for light polishing and won't take out swirls. So what is it?

bonus question: I may get new pads to use with a new product - what would be the best for each level of use (ie final polishing, mild swirls, etc)

I've ordered and received my new bottle of the new Optimum Hyper Polish. I've read what I can about it and watched Mike Phillip's video but I'm still confused on one thing - just how aggressive is this stuff. I realize that it depends on the tool (PC 7336 in my case) and the pad (have a variety) but it seems the early reports vary. I've seen it compared it to 105 but elsewhere I've read that it is only good for light polishing and won't take out swirls. So what is it?

bonus question: I may get new pads to use with a new product - what would be the best for each level of use (ie final polishing, mild swirls, etc)

Hyper Polish cuts really well, but doesn't have the cut of M105. Now the Hyper Compound that is coming out soon is that product that all of the testers are saying compares to M105.

With the Hyper Polish the level of cut really depends on what kind of pad you use. I mainly use it to finish off with a white polishing pad, but if you want a little more cut you can use it with an orange light cutting pad and get some pretty good correction. Hyper Polish really stands out with a rotary in my opinion, but still works awesome with an orbital.

The Hyper Compound Spray that is coming out soon does have around the same cut as M105 if not more. For a while M105 is all that I have used for heavier correction, ever since I got my beta sample of the Hyper Compound, I've been using that a lot. The Hyper doesn't dust like the M105 plus it is a lot easier to work with. I really think that once this product comes out and more people try it, Hyper Compound will be huge. Optimum has really stepped up their polishes to the next level.

Hyper Polish cuts really well, but doesn't have the cut of M105. Now the Hyper Compound that is coming out soon is that product that all of the testers are saying compares to M105.

With the Hyper Polish the level of cut really depends on what kind of pad you use. I mainly use it to finish off with a white polishing pad, but if you want a little more cut you can use it with an orange light cutting pad and get some pretty good correction. Hyper Polish really stands out with a rotary in my opinion, but still works awesome with an orbital.

The Hyper Compound Spray that is coming out soon does have around the same cut as M105 if not more. For a while M105 is all that I have used for heavier correction, ever since I got my beta sample of the Hyper Compound, I've been using that a lot. The Hyper doesn't dust like the M105 plus it is a lot easier to work with. I really think that once this product comes out and more people try it, Hyper Compound will be huge. Optimum has really stepped up their polishes to the next level.

I'm thinking I may not need up to 105. The condition of the Lexus paint I'm corecting is light to moderate swirls (installed with care at the dealer).

I'm thinking I may not need up to 105. The condition of the Lexus paint I'm corecting is light to moderate swirls (installed with care at the dealer).

You should be okay, Lexus(unless changed recently) has a pretty soft clear. I am pretty curious about this polish as well.

• 3 weeks later...

The Optimum Hyper Polish in its current form has an increased cut over Optimum Polish II. The new Hyper Polish and Compound work really well with the Lake Country HydroTech pads but the compound does not seem to like the LC foamed wool.

I have used the Hyper Polish with a large range of pads more so than the Hyper Compound and so far it pairs nicely with everything from polishing to cutting.

It also works well with an orbital BUT I do not like the Hydro pads on an orbital or DA like the Flex. To me it seems to tear up the pads.

Anthony

Archived