Optical Qualities of OSW

Rstark18

HI David. I am a huge fan of your products. I love the ease of use and durability. I have a problem and wanted to see if you had a suggestion. My car is a 2010 Winter Gray Prius. The Winter Gray color is a little weird as it has a touch of warm color to it. I started using Zaino Z5 with this car and liked the looks of their product. I then tried your OSW as I was already using ONR and loved it. Even though I absolutely love the OSW, it tends to leave the finish looking flat in color. The Z5 leave a deep dark color that shows the warmth to the gray whereas the OSW leaves the paint looking very light gray with no warmth. The Z5 is truer to the cars original color off the manufacturers lot.

How can we address this? I would love to buy a product from you with the qualities of OSW with the look of Z5 or a look that enhances the deep warmth of some paints. THis is the only thing from preventing me from using OSW on the Prius (my wifes car get the OSW treatment regularly).

If your ever passing through Los Angeles I would love to have you come over and see what I'm talking about.

Can you capture the look in a photo? Also, because looks are sooo subjective, you may want to try OCW as it has some different properties and provides a different look than OS, but is just as easy to use. Another method is layering multiple coats of OS or OS with OCW topper.

Sorry, when I say OSW I mean Optimum Car Wax. So in my original post I was talking about Optimum Car Wax. The following pictures are not mine but show Exactly what I see. This is the same make, model and color as mine.

Z5:

http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/ge...ackquarter2.jpg

OCW

http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/ge...ack-quarter.jpg

I have tried layering. My typical process was a weekly wash (sometimes every other week) with ONR and dry with OCW.

I did try OS once and didn't really notice a difference. I plan on trying it again next week over the Z5 to see how it looks.

HI David. I am a huge fan of your products. I love the ease of use and durability. I have a problem and wanted to see if you had a suggestion. My car is a 2010 Winter Gray Prius. The Winter Gray color is a little weird as it has a touch of warm color to it. I started using Zaino Z5 with this car and liked the looks of their product. I then tried your OSW as I was already using ONR and loved it. Even though I absolutely love the OSW, it tends to leave the finish looking flat in color. The Z5 leave a deep dark color that shows the warmth to the gray whereas the OSW leaves the paint looking very light gray with no warmth. The Z5 is truer to the cars original color off the manufacturers lot.

How can we address this? I would love to buy a product from you with the qualities of OSW with the look of Z5 or a look that enhances the deep warmth of some paints. THis is the only thing from preventing me from using OSW on the Prius (my wifes car get the OSW treatment regularly).

If your ever passing through Los Angeles I would love to have you come over and see what I'm talking about.

Hi RStark,

Thank you for sharing your results of Optimum Car Wax and Opti-Seal. Chris as always has a much better solution than anything that I could have suggested. While I can tell you about the technical aspects of the Optimum line, Chris, Ron, and Anthony can tell you much more about the performance characteristics of these products.

Please keep us informed of your Optimum results and let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

David,

I agree with Chris, it seems that you like the sealant look vs the wax look. I would use 2-3 coats of Opt opti Seal.

Archived