How much do you use opticoat for a small car

blackjz

Hi there, I just opticoated my honda jazz. and only used 5ml for whole paint work excluding glass n wheels. is it normal? or i just used it too little? is apply and wipe away with microfiber towel the proper way? or do we have to leave it for certain amount of time before wipe it off?

thanks,

David

Did you do all exterior surfaces? (Wheels, wiper cowl, windows) That is probably about right for one coat on the paint only. We usually recommend applying it to each panel twice for coverage with each application a few minutes apart (checking to buff out high/thick spots between each). You probably did it just right and you will know as soon as you do the first wash...if you missed any spots, you will definitely see a difference in beading in that area.

No i only did the paint surface and wheels only..I haven't done the windows yet..so 5ml is just about right for one coat of opticoat for small car?

one more question, tmorrow i am gonna use the car and if it rains. I washe the car and if i miss any spot, is it ok to use the opticoat again without doing any prep thing? just opticoat it straightaway? will it effect the bonding?

There have been issues with multiple coats being applied too far apart because opticoat won't bonf to itsself. The second coat should be applied directly after the first flashes off or at least within the hour (like after you do the whole car once, just go over it again right away). I would never let the car into the elements for at least 6-12 hours after application as it needs time to cure. 5 ml is probably fine on that size car, most ppl apply too much. I would not offer a 2-3 year warranty with the single, thin application, but it should last pretty well if the coverage is good. Like I said you will know when you wash it if you missed some areas.

it's my own car..i wish I knew that double layer should be applied within 1 hour. so what do you suggest me to do? leave it probably for 6-12months (since i live in tropical country) then repolish the car then opticoat again? is that right thing to do?

Archived