Poli-Seal Over Glaze?

charlestek

I'm working on my black car, finishing up swirl removal with Meguiars 205. I normally put Meguiars machine glaze on the paint before waxing/sealing. However, I was going to use Poli-Seal then Opti-Seal over the glaze. However, the Poli-Seal is a cleaner, so ??? I guess it would remove the glaze?? If that is true, the other option is to put Opti-Seal over the glaze and skip the Poli-Seal. Or I could skip the glaze and use the Poli-Seal and then the Opti-Seal. So the question is which way might give me a better finish??

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are using the glaze as a polish and not for its hiding abilities, then you can follow with PS then OS. If you want the glaze to stay for hiding you'll have to skip the PS and the OS should work fine, but with some reduced durability. I personally don't use glazes because I don' t want my clients to have the paint condition return within the month. I do see some uses though, so I'm not knocking it (show cars, thin paint, soft clears, etc.)

Chris

Chris,

Thank you. I wonder how much the durability of OS would be affected by having the glaze under it. I guess I would be using the glaze for hiding. Info for Meguiars glaze states that there are no abrasives in the glaze, just paint oils more or less. This is the first time I've used OS or PS. Formerly I would always glaze before sealing or waxing, so this is a different learning experience for me.

I'm working on my black car, finishing up swirl removal with Meguiars 205. I normally put Meguiars machine glaze on the paint before waxing/sealing. However, I was going to use Poli-Seal then Opti-Seal over the glaze. However, the Poli-Seal is a cleaner, so ??? I guess it would remove the glaze?? If that is true, the other option is to put Opti-Seal over the glaze and skip the Poli-Seal. Or I could skip the glaze and use the Poli-Seal and then the Opti-Seal. So the question is which way might give me a better finish??

Charles,

Thank you for bringing up this question. Based on the description of the Machine Glaze on the Autogeek website, it has similar characteristics to Poli-Seal by doing some polishing and adding sealant oils. The main difference is that Poli-Seal also contains Carnauba wax so there is no need to add wax afterward while Meguair's recommends applying wax after using the Machine Glaze. Therefore, as Chris already pointed out, you can use either the combination of Poli-Seal and Opti-Seal or Meguair's Machine Glaze then Opti-Seal. As far as durability, you might get better results with Poli-Seal Opti-Seal combination as Chris also mentioned since these two products are very compatible with each other. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

David,

After I use the Opti Spray Polish, I turn around and do the Opti-Seal. After I put the Opti-Seal on, I finish the detail with the Auto Geek Carnauba wax MaxWax.

Here are a vehicles that I've done that way:

AFTER2005LexusRX33002.jpg

AFTER2010LexusIS350C02.jpg

AFTER2010LS460L02.jpg

AFTER2010LexusRX350-Lew-02.jpg

Dr. G,

Many thanks for the analysis. Actually Meguiar's site says that the glaze has no abrasive polishes, just oils.

So, anyway, I decided to forgo the glaze and applying the Poli-Seal after swirl removal, then a couple layers of Opti-Seal, then a coat of Optimum Car Wax.

Archived