Another Canadian

JohnZ3MC

Hi Fellas,

I see Calgarydetail here, and I'm from the extreme west coast, off the coast about 40 miles actually, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. The biggest city nearby would be the capital city, Victoria, population approx. 350,000.

I see a lot of members I recognize from other forums and I'm starting to use more and more Optimum products so it's good to be here. Might as well learn with/from experts.

I participate in a couple of other forums, some related to detailing and some to the Z3. I've owned lots of fast / sporty cars over the years but the M Coupe is an absolute roller coaster ride every time I climb in. My cheeks hurt from smiling whenever I look at her and I always keep the old girl looking her best.

Over the years I've worn many hats, too many to mention. Currently I have two jobs, driving commercial buses, charter and sightseeing for half the year and computer/technology consulting throughout the year.

I'm just an amateur but enjoy learning.

-John C.

Bullet Sponge,

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'll roll 'em up and get busy.

calgarydetail,

What's the weather like in Calgary lately? Starting to warm up a little? Here, the arctic char have returned to the ocean, the moose have moved to higher ground and soon I'll be switching the skis to pontoons on the float plane. Three consecutive days of sun and I'm getting the urge to hear the hum of a metabo and smell the tropical smells of Souveran.

Which reminds me, here's a tip to overcome the long winter blues. Go downstairs, find your tub of Souveran, and put a couple of dabs on your neck, like aftershave. It may be a gloomy January but you'll feel downright perky.

-John C.

Guest Guest_Woob_*

Welcome Jon,

I'm @ UBC in Vancouver so you aren't alone on the West Coast. To bad I can't detail with time/work constraints. Yes Optimum is darn good, and professionally designed/marketed.

Bullet Sponge,

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'll roll 'em up and get busy.

calgarydetail,

What's the weather like in Calgary lately? Starting to warm up a little? Here, the arctic char have returned to the ocean, the moose have moved to higher ground and soon I'll be switching the skis to pontoons on the float plane. Three consecutive days of sun and I'm getting the urge to hear the hum of a metabo and smell the tropical smells of Souveran.

Which reminds me, here's a tip to overcome the long winter blues. Go downstairs, find your tub of Souveran, and put a couple of dabs on your neck, like aftershave. It may be a gloomy January but you'll feel downright perky.

-John C.

haha i wish. its snowy and -7 right now, it was getting really nice then all of a sudent it was cold.... we did have a mild winter so its not that bad but noone likes cold weather, i cant gte out and detail.

Glad to hear the weather is nice for you, dont forget to load your rifle up with timbits to go moose hunting (sorry its from talking to americains). I might have to try using wax and am after shave... i need somthing to ccurb these detailing cravings.... :(

Archived