Optimum Hyper Polish for single stage paint?

stevehecht

I've got a 1990 BMW and I'm wondering what is the best Optimum Polish to use. I'd love to try the Hyper Polish, but from Dr. G's video on AG it seems that it's been designed for clear coat. I've used Optimum II Polish several times, but I will be using a PC for the first time and would like a more consistent coating on the pad, without the problem of slinging. Can I use the Hyper Polish on single stage paint? What about the Hyper Compound if needed?

• 1 month later...

I don't know that Dave has ever tried OHP on single stage paint but I have. I was quite surprised and pleased to find it superior to Meguiars 80 series products which were developed when single stage paints were still common. Removed the oxidation faster, buffed a lot smoother (as compared to #83 and #80) and had a lot more gloss.

I've got a 1990 BMW and I'm wondering what is the best Optimum Polish to use. I'd love to try the Hyper Polish, but from Dr. G's video on AG it seems that it's been designed for clear coat. I've used Optimum II Polish several times, but I will be using a PC for the first time and would like a more consistent coating on the pad, without the problem of slinging. Can I use the Hyper Polish on single stage paint? What about the Hyper Compound if needed?

Steve,

Thank you for bringing up this great question. As Scott pointed out, Hyper Polish and Hyper Compound work better on a single stage paint than traditional polishes. The added lubricity of these two products helps polishing dried out and porous single stage paint systems to create a more smooth glossy finish. I appreciate if you share your results on the forum after you had a chance to try these out. Thank you.

David,

Archived