ONR feel/lubricity

Ron Ron

Hello all,

First post here. I used ONR for the first time yesterday. Following the instructions, I added 1 oz of ONR to 2 gallons of water. Solely based on what I've read in various forums, I was surprised that the mixture was not as "slick" or "slimy" as I imagined it to be. To me, it felt no slicker than the clean water in my second bucket. I added another ounce to my mixture (now 2 oz in 2 gal) and it still didn't feel any different. I then poured 1 oz of the ONR into a small container and felt it without any dilution. It felt slicker than straight water, but without any dilution, I was expecting it to feel very slick. I proceeded to only wash my windows with my ONR mixture as I was not confident in using it for the painted surfaces until I reached out to you forum members to get your thoughts. How "slick" should it feel?

Some things worth noting are that I bought the 32 oz bottle of ONR (new forumla I believe since it's blue) 16 months ago and it was sitting my garage since; never took the cap off. I'm in Los Angeles and the temp can get pretty warm in the garage during the summer. From what I've read, ONR has a shelf life that should exceed the time that I've kept it unused, but I wonder if what I'm experiencing is simply due to my bottle being unused for too long.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron

Ron, not sure I would say ONR feels particularly slick and a very very long way from anything like slimy, the Optimum traditional shampoo feels slicker to me. It is always worth playing around with dilution rates but maybe this is a case of people over dramatising the sensation of slickness and therefore raising expectations

Ron, not sure I would say ONR feels particularly slick and a very very long way from anything like slimy, the Optimum traditional shampoo feels slicker to me. It is always worth playing around with dilution rates but maybe this is a case of people over dramatising the sensation of slickness and therefore raising expectations

Thanks for the reply. Yesterday, I received and used Optimum Car Wash for the first time. I agree with you in that OCW feels more slick than ONR. Perhaps there is nothing wrong with my bottle or how I mixed it, but simply a matter of an expectation that wasn't met. Again, all I had read was forum posts about the product.

Archived