Is it safe to remove a haze of rock salt with Opti-Clean ?

AveJoe

I'm in the Boston area. I recently spray rinsed my new SUV at a DIY coin-op car wash. I then washed my SUV in my garage using ONR with the Opti-Mitt for the first time. I was skeptical of ONR, but it was really easy to use in the garage and it cleaned well. I then used the Opti Spray Wax. It came out really nice, and importantly for me, it was fairly quick and easy to do.

Since then, I've driven on the Boston area salted roads. There's now a thin haze of rock salt all around the lower half of my SUV.

Is it safe to use Opti-Clean on the rock salt haze ?

Or is it better to wait until it's above freezing again (later this week) and then do the car wash spray rinse, followed by an ONR wash in the garage ?

It would be easiest for me to just use Opti-Clean on the entire SUV, if it's safe to use it on the rock salt haze.

Thanks for any advice !

You can certainly use the Opti Clean although ONR may work better with warm water. I would spray the area and allow the solution to soak for a couple of minutes, then wipe away the salt spray and slowly rinsing the Microfiber or using a clean side after each pass. If you need to rinse around the molding, you can just use water in a pressurized garden sprayer after the initial wash.

-Chris

ONR with warm water makes a lot of sense. I'll give that a go. Thanks Chris !

ONR with warm water makes a lot of sense. I'll give that a go. Thanks Chris !

Chris's recommendation should work well for you AveJoe.Thats what I do with my/customers vehicles 3-5 times a week here in Wisconsin (wanna talk about excessive salt :crying[1]: ).

Just make sure to pre-mist the salted sections of the vehicle with ONR/OOC.

Archived