Optimum No Rinse as a QD & Clay Lube

I don't see much mentioned about using it as a QD (quick detailer) so I thought I would jump in here and recommend it.

While there are many QD on the market ONR mixed to QD strength not only work great but is very cheap compared to other QD. I always keep a bottle mixed up and add it to the rotation of my QD.

It also make an excellent clay lube as well.

• 2 weeks later...

ONR is all I ever use for clay lube. Love it. It had become my go to detailer for after every drive to remove fresh bugs from the bumper... Until the waterless washes came along anyway.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep a 32 oz bottle of ONR QD (2 oz of ONR to distilled water) in my trunk. Works great to remove bird bombs and bugs. I've used that same dilution as a clay lube as well. I know that's more than recommended but it works great for me.

I have the best results with ONR mixed to QD strength for touch up of the OC surfaces.

Shines up OC surfaces nice after a wash or as a QD after an ONR rinseless wash / touch up between washes.

The OS surfaces I do an ONR and then apply OCW when done.

I have not gotten around to using ONR as a clay lube, as I am using up the FD-51 ( that M company ) that I used to use in the past. Figure I should get my money out of it. :spoton[1]:

• 7 months later...

A 32oz spraybottle with 5oz ONR for a clay lube? The ONR bottle says 2oz ONR on 1gallon water for a clay lube..wich mixture is correct?

Half an oz for 32oz of water for clay lube :). But I've gone up to one oz for 32oz of water with no issues of streaking.

Ok crystal clear :) thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived