My ebay purchase

Ron Harris

I just purchased a new pressure washer today on ebay.

I have been watching this one for a month. After several auctions with no bids

I placed mine today.

I have seen it on the net for around $600.00

I picked it up $339.00 shipped.

b612_1.JPG

Give us the details of your electric new unit - psi, pump manufacturer; Comet, General, Cat? GPM rating. Juicy details, that's what we need. :beerchug[1]:

-John C.

* 1.5 GPM

* 1000 PSI

* 115 Volt

* Single Phase

* 25' Pressure Hose

* Gun, Wand and Nozzle

* General Pump is the pump mfg.

This info from seller

The mfg. is cam spray

Top of the Line has it listed as a 1450 psi pump.

The hose is too short. I will use the 50' one I have from my Honda.

Ron, sounds like a pretty good deal you got there :beerchug[1]: can fstill find some deals on Ebay but you need to be patient like you were :spoton[1]:

Yeah get this. I was looking at some clay on ebay and found a pound of Pinnacle clay for 59.00

I thought this was a great buy. But......... I check Auto geeks site and they have the same clay on

sale for 49.00 for the pound.

Yeah get this. I was looking at some clay on ebay and found a pound of Pinnacle clay for 59.00

I thought this was a great buy. But......... I check Auto geeks site and they have the same clay on

sale for 49.00 for the pound.

LOL ! that is exactly what I meant. there are deals to be had but do your homework and price shop, like you did.

my wife used to get a lot of stuff for Xmas for out kids from Ebay but when she price shops she has found that

people are spending more on Ebay than if they ordered from another on-line vendor. keep us posted how the

new unit works out for you :thumbsupup[1]:

• 2 weeks later...

Up date

The Pressure washer was shipped and I received it 5 days later.

It was dropped during shipping and cracked one of the porcelain pistons I think.

It would build pressure to 100psi but when I pulled the trigger it would drop to 500psi. It has now been 5 days since ups picked up the unit and I have not herd a word from any one.

I hate doing business on ebay. Every one has won but me. UPS got paid the company selling the pressure washer got paid but I have nothing.

In the art world we call it e-pray. I know collectors who have lost tens of thousands in art from international as well as U.S. ebay purchases. Then again, my wife sold a Breyer Horse (toy) that she payed $30 and sold on ebay for $2,700. Hope it works out for you.

Up date

The Pressure washer was shipped and I received it 5 days later.

It was dropped during shipping and cracked one of the porcelain pistons I think.

It would build pressure to 100psi but when I pulled the trigger it would drop to 500psi. It has now been 5 days since ups picked up the unit and I have not herd a word from any one.

I hate doing business on ebay. Every one has won but me. UPS got paid the company selling the pressure washer got paid but I have nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update,

I received the replacement Pressure washer today.

It works great. It will not peal paint or blow holes in the concrete but it dose a nice job rinsing the cars. I have always been a person who turns the power down on their pressure washer. Some guys like to have enough power to blow emblems off.

It is compact and uses 1/2 the space of my Honda powered one.

I like the fact that I can run it off my customers power and not make a bunch of noise.

The old one that was damaged is now lost in the UPS system. UPS has had it since the 20th and called me last week to schedule a pick up for inspection. The ebay seller was kind enough to ship the replacement without confirmation that the old one was picked up.

I will post a picture of my setup after I rearrange the van and give the inside a proper cleaning. :groupwave[1]:

Archived