Optimum works great inside the house, too!

One of the items on my weekend honey-do list was to fix a slow-running sink in the master bath. After dropping the trap, I removed the greasy hair gunk from the sink tailpiece. With everything hooked back up, all that remained of the job was to clean up the splatters from the clog inside the sink bowl and the interior of the vanity cabinet. Since the cherrywood cabinet had been recently waxed, I didn’t want to use a nasty bathroom cleaner and have to re-wax, so down to the garage I went for my ONR at clay-lube strength. It worked fantastic! The vanity top and cabinet looked so well, I wiped down the commode with ONR and it also came out well. On the way back to the garage, I stopped in the kitchen and used the same ONR on my black refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. No more streaks! Give it a try. Who knows- maybe it will ease the wife’s concern about our habitual overspending on detail supplies.

Bill

Wish you hadn't posted this. :crying[1]: jk

Now MY wife wants me to Optimize the house since I am home from work today and nothing to work on in my shop.

I am gonna make her set up her own account with Chris though, cause I ain't sharing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wish you hadn't posted this. :crying[1]: jk

Now MY wife wants me to Optimize the house since I am home from work today and nothing to work on in my shop.

I am gonna make her set up her own account with Chris though, cause I ain't sharing!

Y'know, that sounds like a great idea. It'll really cut down on the amount of cleaning chemicals around the condo. Instead of a glass cleaner, countertop/stovetop cleaner and degreaser, ONR might just be the ticket. My wife is a neat freak and things rarely ever get dirty to the point where we have to bust out something stronger like Formula 409 or somesuch. That stuff's nasty, anyways. Never did like it.

My standard domestic cleaning fluid for hard surfaces is ONR, it is impressive at removing most things and for removing dust from items such as my black lacquered speakers, ONR is perfect. On food preparation surfaces I will use a dedicated cleaner to kill any bacteria and then wipe with ONR.

For greasy hobs I rarely need to use anything stronger than ONR but it has no impact on ovens

I use ONR as it is much quicker than ‘pledge’ type sprays and does not seem to attract as much dust later on

• 3 weeks later...

Have for the last 6 years or so used various QD's bought in gallon size, for use around my new house. I keep Clorox disinfecting wipes, for the sanitizing etc. as well. I've in the last couple years switched over to non-toxic (pet cat) disinfectants and in the last week tried ONR as a QD and have been happy. I'm careful to test any car product on my tile floors though, as I don't want to slip. But for granite, s.s., painted metal, porcelain, wood(s) and plastics I think I've found a great, affordable all purpose cleaner. Oh, older spent MF's are on kitchen duty...✌

• 6 months later...

Archived