Product Review: Optimum Opti-Clean

Product Description: Optimum Opti™ Clean is a combination of substantive polymers and cleaners that safely removes dirt and grime and leaves a glossy protective finish on all automotive surfaces. Optimum Opti™ Clean is based on the same natural polymers used in Optimum No Rinse™. It is safe for use on all automotive surfaces and it's safe for the consumer and the environment.

Optimum Opti Clean is in a category by itself! It cleans like a waterless wash, but it offers better protection and gloss. It shines like a premium quick detailer, but Optimum Opti Clean has better cleaning ability and provides superior paint protection. It has no equal.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

I should preface my review by clarifying how careful I am with paint. I do not even use quick detailers except as a drying aid post wash. I simply do not believe in taking the risk of inducing swirls in paintwork. With that said, it is a very substantial testament to my faith in Optimum products to not only use this product but, to use it on my brand new vehicle.

As I believe in full disclosure, I will also state that this product was provided to me gratis from Optimum (thanks again!).

Ok, on with the show..

My vehicle wasn’t extremely soiled. I had just spent 13 hours on it 5 days before. The majority of the soiling came from a 300 mile round trip in the rain. It may not look dirty but it was (I love silver paintwork!).

I used the concentrate and diluted 3:1 per the directions (3 water / 1 Opti Clean). Directions also state that for lower (more soiled panels) to let the product dwell before wiping of. With this product as with Optimum No Rinse, a little common sense goes a long way by this I mean:

• No scrubbing

• No pressure

• Simply wipe

• Inspect your towel after each area cleaned to ensure no debris is embedded in your towel

• Work clean = utilize all 8 clean folds of your towel. I am very OCD about this and as a result probably use way more towels than most. On my paint work for this clean I used 6 towels.

• Start from the top of your vehicle working to the horizontal panels and then down the vertical panels from top to bottom.

My method of application was as follows:

Spray panel

Gently wipe with clean towel

Once majority of solution was wiped off follow up with a secondary towel to ensure a streak free shine

I must say that I was very happy to realize that the smell was the same as the original Optimum No Rinse before the formula change.. I loved this smell and brought back fond memories!

Overall usage was a very simple, straight forward and effective and I was very happy to inspect the paintwork to find that it did not induce any swirls, cleaned well and left a very nice slick, shiny surface.

I should also add that the entire exterior of my vehicle is treated with Opti Coat.

Another thing that I find intriguing but have yet to try is that this product can be used on such a wide array of surfaces – see below:

Optimum Opti™ Clean can be used anywhere! It dries clear and non-sticky so use it on the dashboard, plastic instrument gauges, and glass! On the exterior, you can depend on Optimum Opti™ Clean to provide real protection to tires and wheels, paint, and metals

On with the pics:

Before: Like I said, silver hides soiling well so there is no real point in showing before pictures. Instead what I will show are afters and also direct sun shots to show that no swirls we induced.

Direct Sun Shots:

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Misc After Shots – excuse the undressed tires, I was racing against sun down:

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0288.jpgIMG_0289.jpg

Wheels:

Before:

IMG_0282.jpg

After:

IMG_0283.jpg

Another great use for the RaceGlaze XL Brush – wrap a micro fiber around it to get inner barrels of wheels:

Brush:

IMG_0284.jpg

Micro Fiber Wrapped Brush:

IMG_0285.jpg

In closing, this product did exactly what it said it would and I look forward to doing further testing.

Great review Deep Gloss! Thank you. The proof is in your pictures, another safe and versatile product from Optimum. :thumbsupup[1]:

I use Opti Clean on interior wipe downs as well. Provides a nice factory look IMO. I have been using it on glass too with no issues.

Detailed review! Thanks for inspiring me to spend more money! :groupwave[1]:

No problem, my pleasure.

These forums are a sure fire way to find quality items to spend your money on B)

Great review Deep Gloss! Thank you. The proof is in your pictures, another safe and versatile product from Optimum. :thumbsupup[1]:

I use Opti Clean on interior wipe downs as well. Provides a nice factory look IMO. I have been using it on glass too with no issues.

Thanks!

I look forward to use Opti Clean on more surfaces!

Archived