1st OC application

I just got back from a 18hr round trip to Kansas City, MO to visit the in-laws. My OC came in the day I left & was anxious to get back and play.

So far I only want to apply OC to the front, roof, rear bumper & step rails of my truck because I still like playing with sealants & waxes. I didn't touch the headlights because I'm contemplating getting new ones- FRONT GRILL,POWDER COATED GRILL INSERTS, BUMPER ENDS ONLY

So here goes.......

My '06 Nissan Titan DD

I began by removing the front grill, grill inserts headlights n all for deep cleaning

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

grill inserts are powder coated & were cleaned with APC (received my OPC today) and various brushes- later they were hand polished with foam pad and M205,several IPA wipe downs, then OC'd as well (front and back)

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Bumper ends polished-85rd then IPA & Mineral Spirits(not mixed) wipedown-some defects(rock chips)I can live with(there's plenty in the chrome & plastic chrome)

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Opti Coat on foam pad...

IMG_0804.jpg

I think I put it on a little thick here, but no worries, it spread fine

IMG_0805.jpg

tried to get a pic of it 'flashing'(couldn't capture it on the chrome) you can kinda see it dead center of the pic

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

OC on surface within 10mins after application....

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

17 hrs later I had to go to my store that's an 1hr away highway- pics before leaving

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Pics upon return....bugs weren't too bad,it was 80* here today & I let 'em bake for at least 6 hrs-BUGS- main reason for using OC up front

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

Mixed up some ONR and went at it

IMG_0834.jpg

No 'scrubbing' needed

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

Though it's only been 1 day I'm excited that this may be my solution to the bug problems- I've tried all kinds of sealants and waxes and still have to 'scrub'- I can *feel* the sealant rubbing off, and I'd re-seal- It didn't feel so with OC-*feels* very durable

My first app with OC & though I only did the grill & bumper ends, it was fairly easy to apply- It felt a little thicker than OS but just as slick and easy to spread-

I did not 'buff' with a MF just hit the 'high spots' with the foam applicator- I will be OC'ing the wifes Audi....

after I OC these

IMG_0841.jpg

Any tips on prepping the aluminum?

pics taken with Canon G11

any and all comments or questions welcome

Thanks for looking

Oh yea BTW- PROPS TO ALL WHO DO REVIEWS/WRITEUPS- THIS IS MY FIRST 1 AND IT DOES TAKE TIME AND EFFORT

Great write up. I look forward to bug protection as well. My in-laws live on a farm and after every visit my car is bugged. This summer will be much easier !

Did you do the headlights?

Thank You!- No not yet on the headlights, I'm contemplating getting new ones as these are kinda trashed- I drive A LOT, lol- another option is to wet sand them, polish, then OC, but not this go around- this was a lot of work in itself- I will update when I OC the other areas

Archived