Future Of The Forum?

Lowejackson

For years this forum has been a great resource of information on all the Optimum products. This has been made possible by the great work of those who work at Optimum and those who are strongly associated with Optimum. For the last few years we had Chris Thomas et al who supplied great advice.

Since Mr Thomas moved away from his formal responsibilities here and I fully appreciate he still pops in every so often, I think it is safe to say this forum has drifted and become less popular. Not only are we missing the support of someone from Optimum but the tone of the forum has become slightly less pleasant.

Whilst it is great some of the old contributors like Setec Astronomy still post here I really think the purpose of this forum is at risk of becoming an archive site unless someone can be put forward to supply the answers and insights into the old and new products.

What I have seen many times is someone asking a question about Optimum products on other forums and then coming here to get the fuller and richer answer from an Optimum expert. It would be a great shame to let all of this just wither away

Whilst it is great some of the old contributors like Setec Astronomy still post here

Who are you calling old??

After Chris left Yvan and one of the other pros were posting quite a bit, but they seem to have been absent the last couple of months. You're right, this is potentially a fantastic resource, but only if OPT gets someone to put some time in here.

Guest Realistic Detailer

I think it's jumped the shark here. There's no moderation of the spammers, and the top poster is "Dirt Detail" Bill, who calls OCW "a layer of grease".

A spammer is someone who performs the following:

"To indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages

From what I see that pretty much sums up what you are all about. No one asked for you to respond to my posts. Your comments are totally irelevant to anything I say, and this post is an inappropriate message.

This just makes my point:

5. Why can’t I use household cleaners to wash my car?

Household cleaners like dishwashing detergent are specifically designed to dissolve grease. Because wax is essentially a grease,

Source:

http://www.waxforum.com/faq/#faq1

Optimum employs the latest polymer technology to put their products at the front of the pack in terms of durability, surface enhancement, and protection. Their Car Wax produces a warm carnauba shine with added silicon sealants to extend the life of the wax

Yes, OCW is grease with silicone added.

Bill, no one called you a spammer. We've had some spammers here on the forum, including today, but you're not one of them.

Oh, and when you post on a forum, you don't really get to pick and choose who responds, that's not the way it works.

However, as far as I can tell, you are the top poster on the forum here for the last month or so, congratulations!

Bill, no one called you a spammer. We've had some spammers here on the forum, including today, but you're not one of them.

Oh, and when you post on a forum, you don't really get to pick and choose who responds, that's not the way it works.

However, as far as I can tell, you are the top poster on the forum here for the last month or so, congratulations!

does it count that almost all his posts are to thin air, rarely anyone chimes in...until lately. perhaps we're done with his propaganda?

Guest Realistic Detailer

Maybe that is a reflection of the lack of experience from anyone posting here. Considering no one here has a clue what a coating is it makes sense why no one responds here. You cannot figure out wax is grease.

Guest Realistic Detailer

does it count that almost all his posts are to thin air, rarely anyone chimes in...until lately. perhaps we're done with his propaganda?

Todd

Opinions are like assholes, and from I see here there are too many of both.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Realistic Detailer

Can we take up a collection so someone can get back on his meds?

Wow, I wonder how long some guys like this take to come up with this logic. Lets see:

Polishing a Mini Cooper with hood decals
Greetings Everyone,

I will be helping a friend detail his red Mini Cooper next week. He has the model with the two symmetrical white decal stripes on the hood. We inspected the paint and observed that there were sufficient swirl marks that warranted a two step polishing process. After washing and claying we will be using the Griot's Garage Machine Polish 2 for correction (I also have some leftover XMT #3) followed by their One Step Paint Sealant (Machine Polish 3 with sealant and white pad) and then topped off with their Premium Carnuba paste wax. My concern is using the DA polisher (GG 6") over the decals. We noticed the decals have the same swirl marks as the hood paint. Should we hand rub the decals with MP3 or will it be safe to use the DA on the decals at perhaps a slower speed. I find when I use the GG 6" with LC orange pads at a speed of 5 or 6 the pads heat up even though I'm not applying much pressure so I back it down to 4-4.5. Thanks in advance for your help.

Now I understand completely. Just another auto geek closet detailer with zero experience based on what Mike Phillips tells him.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I wonder how long some guys like this take to come up with this logic. Lets see:

Polishing a Mini Cooper with hood decals
Greetings Everyone,

I will be helping a friend detail his red Mini Cooper next week. He has the model with the two symmetrical white decal stripes on the hood. We inspected the paint and observed that there were sufficient swirl marks that warranted a two step polishing process. After washing and claying we will be using the Griot's Garage Machine Polish 2 for correction (I also have some leftover XMT #3) followed by their One Step Paint Sealant (Machine Polish 3 with sealant and white pad) and then topped off with their Premium Carnuba paste wax. My concern is using the DA polisher (GG 6") over the decals. We noticed the decals have the same swirl marks as the hood paint. Should we hand rub the decals with MP3 or will it be safe to use the DA on the decals at perhaps a slower speed. I find when I use the GG 6" with LC orange pads at a speed of 5 or 6 the pads heat up even though I'm not applying much pressure so I back it down to 4-4.5. Thanks in advance for your help.

Now I understand completely. Just another auto geek closet detailer with zero experience based on what Mike Phillips tells him.

I'm new here and was wondering what this last sentence meant?

Don't worry about any post you see from Realistic Detailer. I believe he's banned. He was full of worthless hot air (in my opinion)

Archived