Optimum Tire Bond Gel

Bunky

I have used this several times. Here is a pic from this weekend. I think it gives a fair rendition.

It leaves tires black (tire side moldings are clear) with a rich glossy sheen. I like the darkness a lot but may see if I can cut the gloss a tad.

5685663382_04621fea43_o.jpg

I like that look! Was that straight with an applicator or 1:1 and sprayed?

It was straight. I applied to the applicator then spread.

The pic was taken the second day so it had dried.

That is a good looking tire! Nice and glossy! :thumbsupup[1]:

Thanks. It does have a very clean look allowing the tire sidewall details to really show.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, earlier this evening, I tried to apply OB to my car tyres. I used a hand spray but it did not work out, I diluted 1:1 and left it in the car for a few days due to heavy rain, the spray didn't work. So I tried applying it manually to the tyre using foam applicator.

Just like to double confirm, is it normal for the applicator to get that black? Also, my tyres did not shine, does it take time for the application to absorb?

I live in Malaysia, here I am unable to find Wagner control spray.

What are my other alternatives besides hand application?

The application didn't went too well maybe because I used a really cheap applicator and left the diluted application in the bottle for too many days.

It was straight. I applied to the applicator then spread.

The pic was taken the second day so it had dried.

Thanks. It does have a very clean look allowing the tire sidewall details to really show.

Hi, earlier this evening, I tried to apply OB to my car tyres. I used a hand spray but it did not work out, I diluted 1:1 and left it in the car for a few days due to heavy rain, the spray didn't work. So I tried applying it manually to the tyre using foam applicator.

Just like to double confirm, is it normal for the applicator to get that black? Also, my tyres did not shine, does it take time for the application to absorb?

I live in Malaysia, here I am unable to find Wagner control spray.

What are my other alternatives besides hand application?

The application didn't went too well maybe because I used a really cheap applicator and left the diluted application in the bottle for too many days.

Neko, diluted 1:1 it should be able to spray, also if it's not shiny at all was the tire properly cleaned?

• 10 months later...

Opti bond has no cleaners so if the applicator got black, the tire still had dressing buildup and/or grime still on it. These factors alone will ruin or at least affect the look. When diluting, the product will separate quickly and needs shaking before use, then it should spray fine depending on the quality of the spray head. If you have access to a compressor, you can use a airgun or air paint gun to apply instead of the electric Wagner.

Chris I found best results for Opti-Bond. Here are my steps:

1. Clean tires properly with diluted OPC using the right tire brush will remove all grime, dirt on tyre wall and one inch going thru the spikes just on the sides will look really sleek after cleaning (remember to brush properly on areas where Opti-Bond will be applied on)

2. Rotate tires and clean underneath (on lower floor portions where tire normally sits must rotate for even cleaning)

3. Dry Tires properly

4. Shake then spray Opti-Bond in circular angle on tire wall and one inch going thru the spikes and areas where you want them shine. Must adjust sprayer for fine & even application (Opti-Bond diluted 1:1 ratio)

5. Rotate Tires again and spray for even circular application (See no.2 instructions)

6. Clean affected areas like the edge of the rims / wheels or lip and on paint if over sprayed. I Prefer wipe down with Opti-Clean or ONR

Always remember to clean, rotate, clean then apply, rotate, apply...... and for best dilutions water to apply is distilled water. For best sprayer for those who wants to save from buying a sprayer. The best one to use is the sprayer for Optimum Hyper Polish and Compound. Make sure you clean sprayer properly before the use of Opti-Bond and just find an empty clean container for sprayer to fit on.

Hope this helps :sleep1[1]:

Archived