When using MF towels with ONR

do you use the thickest/plushest you can find to both wash and dry? Use thicker to wash, less thick to dry? etc...???

Also, roughly speaking, how many towels per section should I be using? If I fold the towel into 8 sections should I get more than 1 panel out of a towel? I like to be extra careful but so far can't figure out the best method. Watching some of the videos on people demonstrating ONR, it seems like they go over an entire area (i.e. a door, including the lower part) with just one cloth (often just 1 side of the cloth), going from top to bottom to top again. Seems to me that that would just be dragging dirt around the door. I would think it's best to do one pass, flip, another pass, flip, etc... using about 1 whole towel per section.

Also, I find that my drying towels get soaked so quickly, almost to the point of needing more than 1 towel per panel (16x24 towels). Am I doing something wrong?

Lastly, after washing your dirty MF towels do you find that even if they are still stained, they are ok to use for ONR next time (if passing CD test)?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after washing i just chuck all towel into the laundry machine and done? would it be beneficial to use ONR as the laundry detergent =P?

Yes, just throw the towels into the machine. Don't use a conditioner but if you do end up with a towel which is not absorbing water effectively add some vinigar into the wash

• 2 weeks later...

I used 5 towels today soaked in an ONR bucket instead of a mitt. I just loved it. So much better than a mitt or a sponge. Each towel gave me 8 sides to wash, no need to keep rinsing the wash media or keep changing it. I also felt it worked better.

Archived