Was thinking....

It would be great to have a product like ONR without the polymers in it. I think this would benefit old LSP removal wash and prep the vehicle for polishing. I actually prefer ONR washing to traditional washing but when it comes to removing LSP and polish I tend to reach for a citrus based car soap to aid in removal and proceed with a traditional wash. I think it would be nice to have either a product like ONR that can strip LSP or one that I can use after pretreating the vehicle with OPC to remove the LSP. Just a thought

You can wash with Power Clean then do an ONR with no complications. The polymers are completely compatible with Optimum's polishes and most all others I've tried. ONR can even be painted over with no ill effects. I personally strip and degrease with Power clean and then go straight to ONR all the time...just use separate media and buckets for the Power Clean as it will make the ONR solution streak if you rinse your Power Clean media in the ONR bucket.

Same experiences, but I know what your talking about sal, I love the concept of onr and wish you could strip wax using the same techniques/procedure as you would just doing an onr wash, but only hardcore detailers do it, so would there be enough market for such a product?

Hmm....a rinseless "strong" wash that degreases and strips LSP...I like it, I will suggest it to Dr G and see what we can come up with. I doubt the concentration will be the same as ONR, but we can certainly come up with something.

If you market it right it will sell, "here guys use this wash before opticoat install to insure all previous wax is removed, and it's as easy as an onr wash!"

Archived