NEW: Optimum Micro Fiber Pads

Pro-TEcht

Just received the new Micro Fiber polishing pads from Optimum. From what I’ve been told I am the 1st person to receive them. They look very interesting to say the least!!! The fabric is pretty much identical to the Meg’s design, but the foam used is completely different. These are the final design for the polishing application and the Cutting pads will be available within the next few weeks. I’ll be using these this weekend on their madden voyage. I’ll keep you posted how they work after. Stay tuned….

Here's some pics:

OPTMFPads005.jpg

OPTMFPads002.jpg

OPTMFPads004.jpg

I've had mine for a few days, so I'm the first, LOL. We'll have them at SEMA and did I mention they are for DA and Rotary?

Can't wait to see and try em. I do like my Megs M/F over the foam pads so if Dr.G is connected to these they must be as good if not better.

Paul S

The top and sixth are SUR BUF (we may start carrying these too), 4-5-9 are polishing, and the orange ones are cutting pads. You will need to use our backing plate as some velcros will not release the pads well and they can come apart with too much effort.

Thanks Chris. I actually like the feel of your pads better than the SUR BUF. Noticed the SUR BUF micro fingers shed too. I'll be testing them out today

Hey Chris, what's the speed capability of these pads?

Can you tell the difference between short-throw/high speed DAs, like certain Bosch machines (2mm stroke, 4mm orbit, up to 12.000 OPM/24.000 strokes/min), versus long(er)-throw/lower speed DAs?

What's the recommended speed range with rotaries+SMAT liquids?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Quick question. Is there a difference in the MF itself between the cutting and polishing pads, or is it just the foam backing that constitutes cutting from polishing?

• 1 month later...

I received my order of micro fiber pads today. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I have zero experience with these, would someone please share their experiences, proper use and care of micro fiber pads? I plan on using them with a Flex 3401.

Also in my order was the new t-shirt, looks great guys! :thumbsupup[1]:

Thanks,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I received my order of micro fiber pads today. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I have zero experience with these, would someone please share their experiences, proper use and care of micro fiber pads? I plan on using them with a Flex 3401.

Also in my order was the new t-shirt, looks great guys! :thumbsupup[1]:

Thanks,

Dave

Bump for the returning SEMA crowd. :thumbsupup[1]:

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Chris,

Thanks for all the GREAT information on the MF pads. Is there an ETA on the cutting pads yet?

Archived