pwaug

Power Clean to Strip LSP

Thanks Chris!!! I assume just spray on, agitate with a wash mitt and rinse off or should I follow up with car wash or ONR??

Sorry to bump an old thread but can you add 1oz of OPC to a 5gal bucket of wash solution and simply do a traditional wash to remove LSP?

Guest Jgarcia

Sorry for the resurrection.
I am about to detail a car that has Quartz finest and the owner wants an clean/decon/re application of reset and reload.
I am thinking of using OPC as one of the decontaminants, along with Iron-X. I know that that Iron X should work fine and make no harm on cquartz but I am intending to use OPC to remove bugs from fenders and lights, etc so I am wondering if I am going to strip off cquartz finest (not sure if this is possible).

Thanks

Power Clean is an excellent decontamination product. It should not strip CQuartz Finest (it won't strip Opti-Coat Pro), but will remove wax and sealants.

Guest Jgarcia

Hi Ron, how about Opti Gloss, I am about to detail another car, decor and then apply Opti Gloss. Should I be careful with OPC?

Diluted 1 part PC to 3 parts water you will be OK. Gloss-Coat is not as chemically resistant as Opti-Coat Pro or 2.0, so need to be more careful with powerful cleaners.