Hello from Chicago

sscully

Hi I am Steve from the Chicago metro area, and I do detailing as a hobby ( friends and family vehicles ), nothing of the revenue generating variety.

Not new to Optimum products, but I am finally getting around to stretching the application of them.

To date a search on the forums here has answered everyone of my questions, as I have not ventured off the "reservation" on usage.

Still doing some search term options via google site search ( too short search term length via forum search ), but looking at an application on dad's RV, and trying to figure out which is better OC 2.0 or OS.

Once I think I have exhausted that route, I might be making a new thread.

Thank you all to date for the information on the forum, it has proved very useful in the past for application suggestions. I have used it for OC, OC and PS usage. The Hyper twins on the MF pads just rocks !!

VERY helpful information from all that have contributed to date.

Best regards,

Steve

Welcome to the forums Steve! Personally if it was my personal rv, I'd be opti guarding/opti coating it. Only problem is it takes about 80cc to do one so the upfront cost is kinda high. If that's to much, another good option would be polish it with gps/polyseal then opti seal it.

Welcome to the forums Steve! Personally if it was my personal rv, I'd be opti guarding/opti coating it. Only problem is it takes about 80cc to do one so the upfront cost is kinda high. If that's to much, another good option would be polish it with gps/polyseal then opti seal it.

Thank you for the info. I figured OC was the way to go, just wanted to make sure before I jumped in.

Not expecting any reason not to, but I just want to be sure not to screw up anything this permanent on something this large. It is an Itasca Suncruiser 38' RV. Don't know if the 80cc estimate still hold true with that info being included.

As I am sure everyone on here already knows, the material cost is the cheaper side of the detail equation, so while the labor costs is $ 0.00, it is not free ( just like everyone else, have tons of stuff I would rather be doing than detailing the exterior of an RV every year ).

The way I looked at applying OC, ( and until your post, I was thinking 100 to 120 ccs ) it is ~ 250.00 well spent if I never have to get to this level again.

The other hang up with OC is I need to find a better place to do the application at, so I know it is going to stay dry for 24 hr ( I am over the top with this requirement, just how I did it on my truck sections to date ).which might cost me a bit ( the free access is a gravel floor pole barn, and I don't want to do anything in that ).

Thanks for the info, I'll keep searching and noodle this with the guys at the site I know Justin from, and if I have any solid application questions, I'll make a new thread.

Hmm 38 ft you might need closer to 100cc, unless your planning on doing the windows. My estimates where without glass, seeing they take up quite a bit of real estate. Either way you can't beat oc for durability which if you've ever polished a 38ft anything you surely don't wanna do that every year lol

OK, so my SWAG was not too far off. I am the one that does it every year, that is why cost is not an issue with the material. The products used so far have been cheap, but the time spent on it, is a killer.thanks again for the info.

Hey Steve - also from Chicagoland here.

Finding quite a few people from the metro area on the detailing sites I am on. not a shock with how many millions in the metro area

Archived