Impurities in my Opti-coat syringe

Toni

Hi Dr. G,

I noticed that there are some impurities in my Opticoat 2.0 syringe. What could be the problem? I don't think its hardened Opticoat, just some sort of impurities.

Is this a problem? Or can I continue using it without any performance issues?

Thanks,

Toni

Toni, I'm no Doc or Chris, but have you opened the syringe? I noticed after I opened these syringes for one vehicle and then went to try it down the road on another there seemed to be a little something in there. Used it to try it and had no problems, looked great. But like I said I'd wait for Chris to get back with you or the Doc.

If they are black specs floating in the OC, they will not harm anything. They are just rubber remains off the plunger from the manufacturing process of the syringes. We have taken it up with the supplier because it does look like cause for concern...but it is safe and will not affect the performance of Opti Coat.

Speaking of I love the new syringes!! A lot easier to use.

If they are black specs floating in the OC, they will not harm anything. They are just rubber remains off the plunger from the manufacturing process of the syringes. We have taken it up with the supplier because it does look like cause for concern...but it is safe and will not affect the performance of Opti Coat.

Thanks Chris!

Archived