adding OPC to ONR wash solution?

Is there any neccesary to do so? like adding a small amount of OPC (1 ounce ) mix with 1 ounce of ONR into a 2 gallon bucket.

will it strip off any wax or sealant? will it give added cleaning power to eliminate tars and brake dust during the wash? does it enhance ONR or actually "killing" the polymer in onr?

Just my .02 here but if I need more cleaning power I use the same method as Chris suggested. Presoak the section or panel and then wash with ONR and make sure you rinse out your mitt well in the fresh water bucket so you're not transferring the OPC to the ONR wash solution. I don't actually have any OPC (someday I will get some when I have some extra cash) but I have Meg's APC+. When I use it as a presoak I personally go with a 20:1 dilution. That usually does the trick without worrying about causing any light spots in the paint. If I go too strong, that can happen and I always figure that just like a compound or polish, it's always best to start with the least aggressive product.

As for the difference between streaks and marring, streaks are basically left over product residue on the paint surface while marring is actually light scratching to your paint surface and will require some light correction whereas the streaking can most likely be removed with instant detailer or at the most claying.

I, personally, add a layer of protection afterwards if I use an all purpose cleaner as a presoak as what I believe it does remove some of the protection. I'm not sure about OPC though as I am not as familiar with it. Either way, it can't hurt to use some sort of wax/sealant afterwards :)

I hope this helps and I haven't confused you more :P

Just my .02 here but if I need more cleaning power I use the same method as Chris suggested. Presoak the section or panel and then wash with ONR and make sure you rinse out your mitt well in the fresh water bucket so you're not transferring the OPC to the ONR wash solution. I don't actually have any OPC (someday I will get some when I have some extra cash) but I have Meg's APC+. When I use it as a presoak I personally go with a 20:1 dilution. That usually does the trick without worrying about causing any light spots in the paint. If I go too strong, that can happen and I always figure that just like a compound or polish, it's always best to start with the least aggressive product.

As for the difference between streaks and marring, streaks are basically left over product residue on the paint surface while marring is actually light scratching to your paint surface and will require some light correction whereas the streaking can most likely be removed with instant detailer or at the most claying.

I, personally, add a layer of protection afterwards if I use an all purpose cleaner as a presoak as what I believe it does remove some of the protection. I'm not sure about OPC though as I am not as familiar with it. Either way, it can't hurt to use some sort of wax/sealant afterwards :)

I hope this helps and I haven't confused you more :P

I couldn't have said it better! :)

Is there any neccesary to do so? like adding a small amount of OPC (1 ounce ) mix with 1 ounce of ONR into a 2 gallon bucket.

will it strip off any wax or sealant? will it give added cleaning power to eliminate tars and brake dust during the wash? does it enhance ONR or actually "killing" the polymer in onr?

It depend what you want to achieve...eg routine wash ONR will be great

Hard to clean areas/stains OPC diluted 8:1 or 5 :1 will be great but requires rinsing or onr

if you want to strip a clean car prior waxing/sealing or detail, I would do a car wash with OPC .... while onr is good for maintenance but has strength ....ultimately everybody uses APC/MPC ...I choose to use OPC (as they are safe and without carcinogen class 3 - cancer causing agent) simply because safe & effective

but it doesnt have any lubricant propriety, therefore it is best to use it with Opt car shampoo or ONR (as both has the lubricant proprietary)

As for your rims cleaning I suggest you do a proper wash first with OPC & weekly maintain by ONR wash (suggesting you to use a separate or older MF)

it depend what you want to achieve

Have fun

Archived