Market OG/OC to dealerships, etc.?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guest Driven Auto Detail

I absolutely love OG/OC and I have been trying to think of other types of consumers or groups to market this product to. Obviously we all know about the "lifetime sealant" that dealerships offer. Has anyone tried to market OG/OC to dealerships? I doubt most would bite, but maybe some of the high end dealers (BMW, Porsche, etc.) might? As weird as it sounds, I've also thought about funeral homes since they probably want to keep their vehicles clean & looking good.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone out there has been doing any off-beat marketing of OC/OG.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Chris,

Can you expand on the warranty program that you/OPT are putting together?

Chris, I'm sure this will be geared toward BMW USA, but I'm hoping this warranty program includes a vinyl/leather sealant and a fabric sealant or it will be a tough sell to dealerships due to not being competitive with current competitors in this market. I test chemicals for a company that's been in this market for 15+ years and even though opticoat/optiguard smokes their paint protection they would easy get the business over optimum due to not covering the other pieces of the vehicle.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

We'll have that covered by end of year.

So glad to hear.

<off topic>

Chris, when will the "eraser" be coming out?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Great video joel! I'm so impressed when people make such cool video's. I'm not a marketing/video person, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of the "benefits" of OG/OC at the end. Seemed like it didn't get as much attention as the other parts maybe.

Thanks mate there will be plenty more videos to come. This one just showcased the hydrophobic effect.

I'm working on doing a time lapse video actually showing the acid resistance of Opti-Coat. Has anyone else seen what looks like a bird bomb etch disappear after 3-4 days? I have personally seen it twice and have 3-4 other reports where people think it has etched in only to find it disappear a few days later.

It's really cool and we are gonna try and catch it on time lapse video if we can get the poo to leave a mark!

• 2 months later...
Guest Driven Auto Detail

Chris, I'm sure this will be geared toward BMW USA...

John,

Why do you think it'll be geared toward BMW USA? Personally, I keep thinking in my head how much business there would be for OG + Interior Coating at BMW dealers so if that's truly the case I'll be thrilled.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Will we be able to purchase exclusive rights to geographic territories for the service at all? If not I could see dealers just cutting out middle-men pretty quickly once they see what the product does and the profit potential....

That has been my big concern as well.

I think you guys are focusing too much on the negative.

While I'm not saying these things don't happen, the few dealerships we currently work with in Australia haven't.

Maybe once we get this interior product and the volume of dealerships grows greatly then maybe there will be some cases but I'm pretty sure mostly not.

You aren't just providing them with Opti-Coat. You're providing them with a service. If they are contracting you in the first place rather than doing it in house, then it's highly likely they don't want to do it in house.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Joel,

I didn't realize anyone was actually working with dealerships in this regard. Can you tell us a little more about how it works, how you approached them, etc.? I'm also curious about the price for OG to them (dealership) vs. to a retail customer (not asking you to share pricing, but maybe a percentage of what you'd charge a dealer vs. a retail customer). Anything you can fill us/me in on would be awesome. I didn't realize that OG would be marketed to dealerships but it's been in the back of my head for months now & I've just been trying to think how I could do it. Knowing now that someone is actually doing it is great news.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Chris,

Can you expand on how it's all going to work as far as marketing to dealerships, or is something that you has to wait?

Archived