Opti-Bond tire gel

Ron Harris

I thought I would share with you the recommended

application method for the Opti-Bond tire gel.

The gun you can purchase any where if you cant find one contact David he will be stocking them. You don't need an expensive one I paid $13.00 for mine at Harbor Freight.

With the gun you use so little product its nuts!

the line you see is my fill line for the gel. I fill the cup to the bottom of the cap with water and shake.

Im going to see how many car this cup will do.

Picture_035.jpg

Picture_036.jpg

I have used it as a wipe on dressing and as a spray. If you spray it I recomend that yuo cut it 25% this helps give an even and light application. You use less with this method. It's great for volume and pro detailers.

If you use it as a wipe on it works best when you have primed your applicator by doing a couple of sets of tires.

You can create any look you want with Opti-Bond. Gloss or matt.

Sounds interesting, do we know when this will be available ? did not see it anywhere, unless I missed it. when you spray it on are you wiping it down after application ? sorry for all the questions trying to figure out what method might suit me best.

It all depends on the look your going for.

If you want a matt finish wipe it down. If you like the Bling Bling look don't touch it.

You can order it through david or anthony. It's not on any site yet. It's only in gallons but

I think it will be for sale in smaller sizes soon.

Yesterday I did a little comparison between the OB2 vs the Carlack PlastiCare (one of my faves). Well, the OB2 is simply an insane product! I applied it with a foam applicator and the tires are simply brand new. While the CLPC is still a terrific product, the OB2 beat it comfortably by giving the tires a fantastically even finish. The Carlack is a tad darker, but patchier, the OB2 is just NEW. Great product.

Ron, can the diluted product be stored in the gun or do you need to flush the gun with water after each use?

Thanks,

Jim

I keep the product in the gun all the time.

I'm not sure if you will be using it every day as I do so I couldn't tell you how it will store foe a week or two.

I purchased the cheep gun. I'm not sure if it will rust over time but for now it is working great.

The more expensive guns have stainless parts in side so this would not be a problem.

I give the gun a little shake before I spray to make sure the product is mixed.

I must give you a word of caution do not try this with a thin product it will end up all over your car.

Just speaking from experience.

Yesterday I did a little comparison between the OB2 vs the Carlack PlastiCare (one of my faves). Well, the OB2 is simply an insane product! I applied it with a foam applicator and the tires are simply brand new. While the CLPC is still a terrific product, the OB2 beat it comfortably by giving the tires a fantastically even finish. The Carlack is a tad darker, but patchier, the OB2 is just NEW. Great product.

Was it diluted or did you use it a full strength for hand application?

If you want a matt finish wipe it down. If you like the Bling Bling look don't touch it.

You can order it through david or anthony. It's not on any site yet. It's only in gallons but

I think it will be for sale in smaller sizes soon.

Ron, thanks for the info, going to have to grab some. matte finish for me , shiny as the customers like it cool. will have to PM Anthony and see if he knows when the smaller size will be out or just go for broke with a gallon LOL !

Thanks Flatstick!! I was also wondering if it can be diluted for hand application and achieve good results?

Thanks Flatstick!! I was also wondering if it can be diluted for hand application and achieve good results?

Wish I could take the credit but that quote was from Ron. I am sure Ron will be along to answer your question. this stuff looks very interesting to me as well.

Archived