New Formula Opti-Clean

Nutbread

I'm kind of in the same boat. Just became a distributor and made my initial large order. I'm afraid that after SEMA, newer OPT formulas will start to show up. Especially since I'll have cases of the old stuff. ;-)

There is a new formula, but it's just a tweak. When newer polymer tech becomes available, we always incorporate it. It's not a total revamp so I didn't make an announcement. I was involved in the testing and can say you will like it. I also find that this version performs very well even at a 5:1 dilution for a more economical but still safe and effective cleaning solution. BTW there has been a banner ad on the forum for a few months that says NEW OPTI CLEAN. It's been up since I was testing it.

Thanks Chris. I ordered some from Autogeek. Nice to know about the dilution options, I will give it a try.

The only thing I don't love about Opti-Clean is that it seems a little streaky compared to other waterless washes. Maybe diluting it more will help.

I've never experienced any streaking. Are you using it in the sun?

No, always in the garage. Must be something I'm doing. Googled and searched every forum I could think of and only found one other comment about it not buffing off cleanly.

You will like the new formula , then ... Less/ no streaking even on glass.

Sent from my iPad 2 viaTapatalk

Thanks Chris. Just checked the UPS website, my new bottle will be here this afternoon. Looking forward to trying it.

• 2 months later...

About how many average sized sedans do you think you can effectively wash with an 18oz bottle of opti-clean? I have an opportunity to provide a waterless wash for a small rental car company and am trying to figure out the most efficient and effective solution at a low cost.

• 2 months later...

Archived