Hello

David F

New dude here with fresh paint, researching options for proper care maintenance.

Looks like I will be purchasing some Optimum products.

Whats up Elliot ? :beerchug[1]:

Hey David,

Glad to have you here. You'll learn a heck of a lot. Your car has brand new white paint I believe. The first thing you might want to do is get some Optimum polish, Optimum poly-Seal, and the new Opti-seal. I always wash my car with the optimum no rinse. It's an incredibly versatile product that can be used as a wash, quick dettailer and as lubricant for clay barring.

Feel free to ask a number of questions. This is Anthony Orosco's board. He's done some of the finest detail work I've ever seen on Porsches. Ron Hasrris works with him for some jobs and is also a pro. Feel free to ask me as well, as I've been doing a ton of work on my black 951. I'll soon have before and after pics up. I'm going to pm ski. He just did a bunch of detailing on his black 951.

Anthony sells some extremely plush micro fiber towels. I HIGHLY reccomend getting some. If I recall, your paint was finished about six months ago, so it may be ready for a nice detail. Ask the board whether you should clay the paint at this point. It can't hurt, but may be unnecessary.

Anyway, it's great to have another 951 guy here. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome,

Good memory ehall.

Before I started reading here, I thought a PC was the way to go, but looks like a Cyclo is the better option and the rotary even better. I have used a rotary quite a bit in my younger days (once worked at the Nissan plant here doing paint and body repair) just thinking less chance of my messing up with a Cyclo or PC.

Thanks for the welcome,

Good memory ehall.

Before I started reading here, I thought a PC was the way to go, but looks like a Cyclo is the better option and the rotary even better. I have used a rotary quite a bit in my younger days (once worked at the Nissan plant here doing paint and body repair) just thinking less chance of my messing up with a Cyclo or PC.

David,

I use the Cyclo. On your new paint, you won't need to use much by way of a paint correction pad or product. If you get the Cyclo, just get the green pads and white pads. You may just go to the Lake Country pads in the same level of coursness. I'd recommend the cyclo, with a few assorted pads. Optimumno rinse car wash, because it's a great wash, quick detailer and clay bar lub all in one bottle, optimum polish, optimum poly-seal and the new optimum Opti-seal. You might throw in the spray wax as a finisher. I also use the Trade Secret Carnauba, from www.topoftheline.com, but my car is black, and I get a lot of benefit from that stuff. White cars don't seem to benefit as much.

Archived