Opti-Seal and OCW

EdT

Would these two make a good all around combo ? I would use OS as the base coat and use OCW as a booster wax 2-3 months down the road. Any compatibility issues ?

Where does OCW fit in the scheme of OPT products now that OS is in the line up ? to me it seem there is two similar product that is going to confuse people or should we now consider OCW as a quick detailer ?

Would these two make a good all around combo ? I would use OS as the base coat and use OCW as a booster wax 2-3 months down the road. Any compatibility issues ?

Where does OCW fit in the scheme of OPT products now that OS is in the line up ? to me it seem there is two similar product that is going to confuse people or should we now consider OCW as a quick detailer ?

Optimum spray wax is a polymer / nuba combo that can be used as a stand alone and isn't really considered a QD. It works well on protecting your finish and is easy to use so some use it after every wash like it is a QD. OS is a pure sealant that is real durable, super easy to use and has amazing looks. I use them together and achieve a look that is awesome and so far (only had OS for a month now) holds up real well. When I wash my truck it sheds the water off like it's on a ducks back and the dirt doesn't stick to the paint making washing a joy. So the answer to your questions is yes they make a good all around combo and no there are no compatibility issues because all optimum products are made to work together.

I do exactly that....Optiseal as a base and top it off or touch it up with OCW on my weekly and monthly clients.

OCW is and never will be a "quick detailer" because it has no cleaning properties.....and it's just far greater than an ordinary QD. Optiseal can be viewed as a long term sealant with great versatility in that it can be applied on top of and also underneath a carnauba wax.

Anthony

I do exactly that....Optiseal as a base and top it off or touch it up with OCW on my weekly and monthly clients.

OCW is and never will be a "quick detailer" because it has no cleaning properties.....and it's just far greater than an ordinary QD. Optiseal can be viewed as a long term sealant with great versatility in that it can be applied on top of and also underneath a carnauba wax.

Anthony

I plan on doing exactly this to my wifes acura soon......

wash

claybar

polish with LC white CCS pads & PC on 4

Opti seal (2 coats a couple hours apart)

That should be good enough....but might put a coat of OCW on since its so easy to use......the use OCW once a month to maintain shine!

I plan on doing exactly this to my wifes acura soon......

wash

claybar

polish with LC white CCS pads & PC on 4

Opti seal (2 coats a couple hours apart)

That should be good enough....but might put a coat of OCW on since its so easy to use......the use OCW once a month to maintain shine!

You forgot a step in your process, take pictures and post on here so we can all admire your car!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it OK to apply OCW on top of OptiSeal within 1 hour of the initial coat? Find it just adds another kick, as well it will clean any smearing/hazing from overapplying OptiSeal.

Is it OK to apply OCW on top of OptiSeal within 1 hour of the initial coat? Find it just adds another kick, as well it will clean any smearing/hazing from overapplying OptiSeal.

Perfectly fine :thumbsupup[1]:

Anthony

So Opti-Seal has no cure time ? I smell an isopro achool base solvent in it.

Archived